Replace light bulbs with LEDs!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wifey Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my 2021 Z71 Tahoe has yellow turn signals in the rear, and dismal yellow reverse lights. I'd like to put in Red turn signal bulbs, and high power LED reverse bulbs.
1) could anyone tell me the bulb numbers for the reverse lights, and rear turn signals? I'd assume 921 reverse, and 1157 turns?
2) does anyone have experience with which LED reverse lights they recommend?
Thanks!

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
So my 2021 Z71 Tahoe has yellow turn signals in the rear, and dismal yellow reverse lights. I'd like to put in Red turn signal bulbs, and high power LED reverse bulbs.
1) could anyone tell me the bulb numbers for the reverse lights, and rear turn signals? I'd assume 921 reverse, and 1157 turns?
Thanks!

7440 for the turn signals and brakes. 921 for reverse.

In my testing you'll get warnings for reverse and brake lights even with the can bus compatible bulbs. Only happens now on initial start up so not too annoying. Turn signals are fine.

Here's the turn signal bulbs i use. Plenty bright and no issues.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0774HQC8Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Texas Firefighter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks!

I have 2021 tahoe premier and the only rear turn signal leds I was able to find that worked without errors was on amazon. They are bright and work great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0828YSH6R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_swMcGbB0QDEFV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody find a reverse light that works? I tried to from Amazon that tossed up errors. There is an old post on this someplace.

OP
OP
W

Wifey Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do Premier and z71 models use the same tail light assemblies? Clear lens w yellow rurn signal bulb?

eagle727fl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks!

eagle727fl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Diode Dynamics - I own a 2019 Yukon SLT and I purchased LED back-up lights (the brightest), LED Fog Lights and LED License Plate Lights. I have not had any issues, installation was easy and I am super happy.

Texas Firefighter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody find a reverse light that works? I tried to from Amazon that tossed up errors. There is an old post on this someplace.

I havent been successful either on the reverse Led lights, receive error as well. I have tried around 10 different sets.

Texas Firefighter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I have a 2021 Premier, same rear assembly, amd was only able to find the amber turn signals that work without receiving an error. The reverse and Brake lights give an error on startup ( I have tried over 10 pair of canbus bulbs). As far as the turn signals, the bulbs are 7440 and the ones attached work excellent on my 2021 Tahoe Premier 4X4 with zero errors. I hope this helpsScreenshot_20210220-124907_Amazon Shopping.jpg