RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to highjack your thread @Bigbeardenali1992 :)

Here's my snow and cold road trip in my dad's Sierra SLT in Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado from last week. I gave her a clean up, but wasn't able to give it a good job as the water started freezing before I could dry it. lol

But alas I have returned to the beach and it was 80F and sunny today, so I washed the 06 and she is sitting pretty.

IMG_0751.JPGIMG_0773.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fosscore , that's a nice rig! Wish I could clean mine up right now but hasnt been above freezing all day! But I did get a chance before the snow hit last week to seal my car with a nice thick coat of the trinova good standard everyone got a hold of a couple months back. So far I'm loving it!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz , happy birthday man! Be as cranky as you want!! Haha. @Red Rocket , I'm not thrilled about driving in snow because my rig gets filthy haha. But I love snow and snowboarding and I make a pretty penny teaching snowboarding professionally during the winter months because of how many years I've been teaching and all my certifications. So that allows me to afford my Denali and all the fun stuff for it! So I put up with driving in snow for a few months out of the year haha.
Thank you @Bigbeardenali1992 I really appreciate it! :cheers:

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Monday evening turned out to be an adventure that I didn't want to go on. Lol. In August of 2015 my starter gave out. Replaced it no big deal, well Monday afternoon I stopped by the self car wash to rinse my rig off. Went to start up and no go. Turned over real slow and en just clicks. Ugh....been down that road. Lights are on, stereo starts up, so battery has juice, starter is kaput. Damn, it's only been a year and four months. Ugh. Well luckily my starter came with a lifetime warranty from Napa auto parts, apparently because they don't last long and give out pretty quickly. So in the dark, and 30 degrees in the parking lot of the self car wash, I rip my starter out, walk the 2 minute walk down the street to where the parts store is, fortunately it was close by, and they swapped out my starter with a new one that thus had in stock. Walk back, wrangle the new starter in, boom Denali fires right up. No check engine light or funky codes. But not exactly how I wanted to spend Monday evening. And in another year that starter will probably give out. :banghead:
Probably after Christmas I'll pick up a better brand starter so that it doesn't give out in a year, but gota wait till I get into full swing of ski season and through the busy period through Christmas and New Years when the dough is flowing in. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
808JAM