Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That’s pretty funny!!! It’s an 08 so ordering a new remote off Amazon is less than $10. 2008 also means the key AND the fob can be programmed via the trucks own system.

When the new key is programmed, the others are wiped unusable unless they’re reprogrammed (again) at the driver speedo console or DIC (HA!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nath

Reaction score
Jagger did you figure it out? I have had an 2007 for 8 or 9 years now and gave up on the remote start. But Im gonna call the dealer tomorow and see if they can make mine work and for how much. I friend told me on his 09 he had to go to dealer and the charged him 150 dollars for new fob and program to remote start.

Walkman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys a just bought a 2008 chevy tahoe and it has remote start but every time I go through the sequence I will hit the lock button then hit the start button the lights will flash and then the lift gate will open. Has anyone had this happen and it it a program issue
I have the same problem on 07 Tahoe LTZ, there are no codes and I have tried two sets of aftermarket Key FOB, and the two working original factory Key FOBs, changed batteries, reprogrammed the Key Fobs, they all do the same exact thing as jaggar said. There no open door, hood, or lift gate indication. My On-Star subscription shows no codes or faults whatsoever, my little ODB/ODBII reader shows no codes at all, all senors working normally. I wonder, there might be a sensor, which is not shown DIC but monitored by the remote start?

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slight off topic question - when reprograming FOBS on 2013s - must you delete all existing prior to programing a new one using the Tech2?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slight off topic question - when reprograming FOBS on 2013s - must you delete all existing prior to programing a new one using the Tech2?
Anytime you program fobs regardless of model year you need to do all of them at once. The prior code no longer works so the existing ones will no longer work unless they’re programmed at the same time as the new one (s).

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anytime you program fobs regardless of model year you need to do all of them at once. The prior code no longer works so the existing ones will no longer work unless they’re programmed at the same time as the new one (s).
Gotcha - explains why I couldnt program just one. I was afraid I would loose my existing working FOB if I cleared all the from the system.