Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaggar Siever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys a just bought a 2008 chevy tahoe and it has remote start but every time I go through the sequence I will hit the lock button then hit the start button the lights will flash and then the lift gate will open. Has anyone had this happen and it it a program issue

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys a just bought a 2008 chevy tahoe and it has remote start but every time I go through the sequence I will hit the lock button then hit the start button the lights will flash and then the lift gate will open. Has anyone had this happen and it it a program issue
Not to be a dick but you sure you’re hitting the correct button? It’s the top oneimage.jpgNext thing I would do is take remote apart and makes sure contacts are clean, fresh battery and that the contact board is inserted correctly.

OP
OP
J

Jaggar Siever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not to be a dick but you sure you’re hitting the correct button? It’s the top oneView attachment 258727Next thing I would do is take remote apart and makes sure contacts are clean, fresh battery and that the contact board is inserted correctly.
No problem and yes i hit the lock button twice and then the start and it opens the lift gate. Both of my remotes do it and iv put new batteries in both as well

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem and yes i hit the lock button twice and then the start and it opens the lift gate. Both of my remotes do it and iv put new batteries in both as well
What happens if you just hit the start button? Does your liftgate open as well?

What about if you hit your liftgate button? Does that also open your liftgate?

OP
OP
J

Jaggar Siever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What happens if you just hit the start button? Does your liftgate open as well?

What about if you hit your liftgate button? Does that also open your liftgate?

If i just hit the start it will open the lift gate and if i hit the liftgate it will open it as well

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think both of them?
no then probably not, if you don't have a tech2 then I would try taking it to the dealer and have them re-program the fobs, maybe the programming got screwed up or "somehow" someone managed to program them that way. if reprogramming doesn't work then it may be a bad the module on the truck, if that turns out to be the case I would try and find a used one from the junkyard or online like ebay, dealer is probably going to want a grip for new module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont