Refresh front end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2008 yukon feels a little sloppy in the front end. With 85k I figure the bearings need some attention. When it goes over certain bumps or RR tracks It sounds a little clunky. Moog has a front end package with new inner and out tie rod, and lower ball joints for $265/319 depending on control arm material. And I've seen moog UCA with ball joints for around $100 each. What else should I look at sway bar end links? Wheel bearing are good. I've read that the intermediate steering shaft will help tighten up the steering too as the "rag joint" will wear. Any opinion on that?

It's my wife's daily driver, but when I drive it I can tell the truck not as tight as my 09 sierra with 45k on it.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock auto.com

Upper lower controll arms. If aluminum lower just ball joints they will need to be pressed in by a machine shop.
Get the bolts for the uppers cause they seize up makes life way easier.
Stabilizer bar bushings and links. Soak bar bolts up good before trying to remove. I ended up buying new bolts. $6 each from the dealer.
Inner and outer tie rods.

Inspect bearings they may still be good.

Buy them individual not the kit it's cheaper. Rock auto has the better prices than anywhere. Just did mine entire as well at 65k.

Get the moog problem solver cause they will have a grease fittings for longer life. Probably should do brakes while your in there.

OP
OP
Rangel

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the brakes last week. New struts up front and new springs and shocks out back a few months ago.

Lower control arms are steel. I just went out and stuck a magnet to them.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

How does my list look?

gahu2y7u.jpg

Last edited:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stabilizer bushings on your list are the rear. You need the front. If you have the steel arms just get the arm complete with the ball joint. It's worth the extra couple bucks in frustration.

The links come as a set. I brought two by accident as well and now have a extra set. I brought the acdelco ones since they were cheap.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54125

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

That's the thread about the upper control arm bolts.

OP
OP
Rangel

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stabilizer bushings on your list are the rear. You need the front. If you have the steel arms just get the arm complete with the ball joint. It's worth the extra couple bucks in frustration.

The links come as a set. I brought two by accident as well and now have a extra set. I brought the acdelco ones since they were cheap.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54125

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

That's the thread about the upper control arm bolts.

Appreciate your help. I originally had both front and read sway arm bushings but I did a little editing to thhe list. I did add the complete LCA, but im unsure if it comes with bushings. they didnt have MOOG, its MEVOTECH brand(not sure if the are any good). I wrote down the PN for the UCA bolts off that thread. I am still on the fence about the Intermediate steering shaft though, with it included im looking at $545 shipped. which is pretty good considering I was planning on spending $600 for the just the MOOG package and new UCA.

now im looking at new:
sway bar links/bushings
UCA/LCA with greasable ball joints
Inner/Outer Tierod ends
and possibly the new steering shaft, if anyone has any info either way on that. THanks

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not do my shaft. I saw a u tube video where the guy straps the steering wheel and then unbolts the top of the shaft and worked it up and down to reps re spread the inside grease and that was supposed to be good enough.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Lower control arm comes with the bushing.

Allot of guys here like the ray raybestos stuff. Because of that I would pick it over mevotech but agin I have no experience with both.

Looks like rock auto only has one side of the raybestos in stock. Maybe can try advance.

I replaced my ball joints only. I have the aluminum arms and my bushings were good. 60 for the ball joints 50 to have them pressed in.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amazon has the raybestos for around 65 each complete. I have heard raybestos is way better than dorman as well.

OP
OP
Rangel

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you send me a link? I'm at work and on my phone at the moment. Thanks.

Edit: the also have the left only.. right will ship in 1-2 months!! I did more searching and found a right LCA for $70 shipped.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n