Reeee Dooooo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah it's got a good amount of glue on it! I sprayed the shit out of it top and bottom some parts of few times even because it was drying too quickly. It's so hot out that it almost dries instantly sucks

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of material are you using for the headliner? Mine's starting to fail, and I'm weighing options on what to replace it with

overlookingsea

Salt Water Bath...
Reaction score
Just a little helpful item I've found for headliners (and many other areas as well) is 3M Rubber and Vinyl. This stuff works better than any other thing I've tried over the years. Just align it right the first time, because you won't get a second chance! Home Depot sells it also...

3m-spray-adhesive-80-64_1000.jpg

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of material are you using for the headliner? Mine's starting to fail, and I'm weighing options on what to replace it with
It is actual headliner material from a upholstery supply store here in town . Has 1/8 foam on the bottom. When I went to cut the holes out I noticed that there's a plastic layer in between the material and foam also. Makes it a pain in the rear to cut.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is looking great. Nice work.
Thank you! I would like to get it done but when its 112° outside there's not much motivation haha. I should just cut the bedroom wall in between it in the garage and pull it into the house LOL

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is actual headliner material from a upholstery supply store here in town . Has 1/8 foam on the bottom. When I went to cut the holes out I noticed that there's a plastic layer in between the material and foam also. Makes it a pain in the rear to cut.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the reply

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, ok. Thanks for the reply
No problem. Its 60" wide I think 4 yards. Can't remember. I used a wire cone to clean off the old foam. It's not to hard just laid out and make sure you have it centered good enough to fit and fold it in half then you glue both sides start from the middle and work your way to the back or front whichever one you want to go first but just make sure there's no tension you kind of just sit there and rub your hand flat and make sure there's no wrinkles I wrap my mind around the edges and inch that way it can't fall down like the factory ones if it does ever fall back down. Good luck man you have any questions just holler at me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9