Reeee Dooooo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get the 03-06 radio cage and dash bezel on ebay or a wrecking yard. It's pretty easy to do the DD that way. I had to find a Denali bezel which was hard to do but your bezel should be plentiful. You also might have to clearance the inside of the dash itself if you don't have enough depth.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get the 03-06 radio cage and dash bezel on ebay or a wrecking yard. It's pretty easy to do the DD that way. I had to find a Denali bezel which was hard to do but your bezel should be plentiful. You also might have to clearance the inside of the dash itself if you don't have enough depth.
That's what I was hoping to do I found a guy here locally party went out and he said he'll give me that bucket for 20 bucks so I just need to get some time and pick it up so I can try it out. But I think I will still need to get a new bezel because mine is off the 2002 Escalade

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes you'll need the new bezel. I checked Ebay and those bezels for your rig in the DD 03-06 are going for anywhere from $50-$75 shipped. Have you decided on the paint for the interior plastics? SEM would be my recommendation along with their adhesion promoter and you should be able to find a color that goes good with your leather.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50-75 isnt bad at all. I Was thinking it was going to be around 150-200. As far as the paint goes i qwnt to the auto paint suppy place and at first picked up some sem soap,the spray can of sem prep and a can of Advantage adhesion promoter and a few cans of black sem paint. But I talked to my cousin who's a painter and he sent me back down there to get some base coat black instead and he is going to come to my house and spray everything for me with base clear. He said if we prep it really good and use that and he's in promoter it should be fine. He does mobile Auto Body body so he's always doing plastic parts like front and rear bumpers all day. As far as adding color to the panels I wanted you the armrest and that other section right above it that the door lock switches in. I want to paint those a color as close to the leather as I can so it's not just all black.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and wrapped the air bag myself since it was a small easy piece. Cane out real nice.

20180707_171022.jpg

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I installed the dash vents and a few other little things. It's starting to look good. I hope the guy has my grab bar done. He said he'd have it done last night but I didn't hear from him. But I'd like to get it so I can put it in and have the dash at least complete.

13516.jpeg

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to take pictures before I started but i got the head liner done late last night. I ran out of glue at like 10:50 and had to run to walmart and pick up some locktite brand glue. Hope it holds. Says it's good for high heat and all kinds of stuff. It was the highest grade they had. The other option was Gorilla Glue spray adhesive but I've never heard anything about it yet.. and I'll be damned if that sucker didn't run out of glue on the front with maybe three foot left to go on a pretty technical part. I started to cut out some of the holes for the visors and air conditioning vents but gave up and went to bed because that stuff is actually a pain in the rear to cut even with a brand new razor blade. I couldn't believe it myself I even swapped blades cuz I thought I had a double one. Hopefully tonight I can put it in and wire it up tomorrow.

20180707_222507.jpg 20180708_003116.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Forgot to take pictures before I started but i got the head liner done late last night. I ran out of glue at like 10:50 and had to run to walmart and pick up some locktite brand glue. Hope it holds. Says it's good for high heat and all kinds of stuff. It was the highest grade they had. The other option was Gorilla Glue spray adhesive but I've never heard anything about it yet.. and I'll be damned if that sucker didn't run out of glue on the front with maybe three foot left to go on a pretty technical part. I started to cut out some of the holes for the visors and air conditioning vents but gave up and went to bed because that stuff is actually a pain in the rear to cut even with a brand new razor blade. I couldn't believe it myself I even swapped blades cuz I thought I had a double one. Hopefully tonight I can put it in and wire it up tomorrow.

View attachment 203049 View attachment 203050
Headliners are a pita, especially if you don't have help.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headliners are a pita, especially if you don't have help.
You are absolutely right! I definitely could have used help. Said I had to walk side to side a thousand times in a hurry to because it's so hot here the glue dries right away. It came out pretty good there's one spot in the back that has like a one each stress mark wages from it drying in I tried to pull it back and it would not because it was already stuck lol. I'll have to take a closer look at it when I get home from work today because it was too late and dark last night to go over it closely. What sucks is I almost went to the upholstery store Friday late afternoon before it closed to get another gallon of the good weldwood dap glue. But figured I have enough. I also wrapped it around the edge in enter so all the way around where I could that way it can't fall down. I have done a few of them before but in regular cab pickup trucks that's a big difference LOL that's a monster ass headliner once you have it out and in front of you. It took me probably a few hours I would say just to prep it and that's what using a air tool with a wire cone on it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You are absolutely right! I definitely could have used help. Said I had to walk side to side a thousand times in a hurry to because it's so hot here the glue dries right away. It came out pretty good there's one spot in the back that has like a one each stress mark wages from it drying in I tried to pull it back and it would not because it was already stuck lol. I'll have to take a closer look at it when I get home from work today because it was too late and dark last night to go over it closely. What sucks is I almost went to the upholstery store Friday late afternoon before it closed to get another gallon of the good weldwood dap glue. But figured I have enough. I also wrapped it around the edge in enter so all the way around where I could that way it can't fall down. I have done a few of them before but in regular cab pickup trucks that's a big difference LOL that's a monster ass headliner once you have it out and in front of you. It took me probably a few hours I would say just to prep it and that's what using a air tool with a wire cone on it.
I've done a few, and the longer they are, the more of a pita they are. Did you spray both sides with the glue? I'd let it cure for a day or 2, just to make sure. I've reglued a few edges that seemed fine, but eventually would fall because of the sun heating it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518