Reeee Dooooo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No no someone else here in town did the seats. He has 40 years experience doing upholstery. Dude knocks shit out quickly to. The leather hydes are around 900-1100 each so I wasn't about to experiment lol. As far as the seat belts go I'm not sure yet man. Do you have any ideas? He said he tried to dye them but the wouldn't take. I'm probably going to have to take them back apart and send them in to be swapped out. That's the first thing I thought of also was what about the seat belt. Also need to make some kind of grills for the top defrost vents on the dash. I'm really surprised nobody makes Billet ones
What kind of dye did he use? The kind in the can(spray)or like Ritt? Also--just a thought, I know front seat belts get kind of nasty, so that might be another reason why the dye might've not taken to it--oils from sweat, food etc. Maybe try cleaning them first, then try dye. Ask him qhat kind of dye he used, that'll be helpful to you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of dye did he use? The kind in the can(spray)or like Ritt? Also--just a thought, I know front seat belts get kind of nasty, so that might be another reason why the dye might've not taken to it--oils from sweat, food etc. Maybe try cleaning them first, then try dye. Ask him qhat kind of dye he used, that'll be helpful to you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Yeah they are nasty LOL I watched a video on YouTube where guy has some kind of special cleaner and it gets them looking brand new and then another guy used acid dye that he boiled on the stove and it worked on his. But I'm definitely going to do something because it's not going to work like that LOL I almost wish I would have just cut that whole section off the seat frame when I had them apart and got rid of the seat belt in the seat. It would have been a lot better. I could have just bought a different seat belt and mounted it to the body or just use the lap belt

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah they are nasty LOL I watched a video on YouTube where guy has some kind of special cleaner and it gets them looking brand new and then another guy used acid dye that he boiled on the stove and it worked on his. But I'm definitely going to do something because it's not going to work like that LOL I almost wish I would have just cut that whole section off the seat frame when I had them apart and got rid of the seat belt in the seat. It would have been a lot better. I could have just bought a different seat belt and mounted it to the body or just use the lap belt
Would your state have allowed that, for inspection? I know some states do a safety inspection, besides emissions. NJ--so far--just does emissions.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would your state have allowed that, for inspection? I know some states do a safety inspection, besides emissions. NJ--so far--just does emissions.
We don't have safety inspections here in Arizona all we have is admissions testing in the metropolitan cities outskirts towns don't even have those so I think it would have been all right.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's too bad they didn't make black seat belts in that year or else I could just order some or find some online

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I actually saw an 02 Yukon that the interior was converted to all black, even the seat belts. It looked pretty good. I lost the pics tho.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's crazy how much we put into making a truck we love into a custom but I figure it's better than spending it all on something newer that looks like all the rest because we can't afford the expensive rig AND all the custom stuff. Looking good, can't wait to see hot it all turns out after the painting and stuff. It's hard to tell now with it being half and half but it is definitely looking awesome.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually saw an 02 Yukon that the interior was converted to all black, even the seat belts. It looked pretty good. I lost the pics tho.
I was going to do mine and all black purse but I thought it might be too much and look like a work truck model or something LOL

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's crazy how much we put into making a truck we love into a custom but I figure it's better than spending it all on something newer that looks like all the rest because we can't afford the expensive rig AND all the custom stuff. Looking good, can't wait to see hot it all turns out after the painting and stuff. It's hard to tell now with it being half and half but it is definitely looking awesome.
Thank you sir! I've had this truck forever I'm the second owner and I've had it since 06. Like I said it's never done me wrong so I figured hell I like the way it looks might be older but whatever it's paid off and right now I'm payment free from everything so why go and spend $70,000 or 50 even on a new one and have $1,000 payment that I can't afford so I decided to just fix everything that was wrong with it and redo the whole thing and it's going to be a lot cheaper LOL

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well tonight I got all of the wiring redone on my radio up to my standards. I put a whole new system in it back in January with Polk audio components in the front and rear doors 6.5 inch and a pioneer in-dash flip screen and I rear and all of the wiring from the door speakers to an amp under the seat so stereo was pretty legit in it. I got this Dash installed also. The grab bar is just an extra that I have in the garage so I put it in there so it looks a little better for the photo LOL the interior guy has the one that I'm going to put in it he's wrapping it right now. I'm going to rap the face of the airbag tomorrow when I get off work in leather is so I can put it back in and then hopefully by the end of the weekend have the headliner done in put back in but at this rate who knows LOL I had to give up kind of early tonight so I can go soak in the bathtub. If y'all have any more suggestions shoot on my way I'm always open for ideas on different stuff. I'm also thinking about taking out the 1.5 din radio and putting a 2 din in it. I'm hoping and I'm not sure and I've never ****** with it yet but I'm hoping I can get the radio basket out of an 03 or newer Chevy and on both the whole basket assembly from my Dash and put that one in and be able to put a double DIN in it with the AC controller lining up. So I'll have to get the 03 through 06 Dash bezel because right now I have the one that's for 2002 only which sucks.

20180705_214834.jpg