Reducing engine noise in cabin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have any suggestion on how to reduce engine noise coming through the dash/floor area? After I swapped my lifters for Morels, which are definitely noisier than stock, my headers amplify the valvetrain pretty hard into the cabin. It's getting to the point where I want to put the manifolds back on, but I figured before I did that, I'd try to reduce the noise somehow. I know the dynamat stuff seems to help, I am just not sure where to put it.

Would a hoodliner help?

https://www.amazon.com/Dynamat-11905-Hoodliner-Self-Adhesive-Deadener/dp/B00069QLVC

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a pretty decent mat under the carpet on the firewall, but virtually nothing on the floorboards/floorpan aside from the jute pad and carpet. Line the firewall with as much as you can but pay extra attention to the floors. Use the stick-on sheets directly on the metal then a MLV (mass loaded vinyl) on top of that, then cover it with the factory jute pad and carpet. Stage 2 would be doing the doors, on the backside of the outer skin and on the inside shell.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I will buy some dynamat and give it a shot.

I guess I pull the two front seats, pull some trim, and peel the carpet back? Any pictures/guides on how to do this?