Recall N202317390 Brake System Control Module Internal Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CARAB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took my 2021 to the dealer yesterday for this, 3 hrs later bc he said a step was not posted in the instructions and he had to call to get the missed step. Today I was driving, I stopped on a hill, did not put on the parking brake, but it auto comes on. Got back in to leave, parking brake would not release. Flashing red PARK and ALSO flashing orange wrench with P. Called the dealer, they said to call GM roadside. 3 kids in the car, 23 degrees outside. Call roadside and all it says is to download the GM APP to access roadside. No wifi. I tried everything, reverse, N, D, hold the P button, don't hold it. Wondering if it had to do with the refresh??? It's back at the dealer.

Image 2.jpg

PauliePucks

Reaction score
I took my 2021 to the dealer yesterday for this, 3 hrs later bc he said a step was not posted in the instructions and he had to call to get the missed step. Today I was driving, I stopped on a hill, did not put on the parking brake, but it auto comes on. Got back in to leave, parking brake would not release. Flashing red PARK and ALSO flashing orange wrench with P. Called the dealer, they said to call GM roadside. 3 kids in the car, 23 degrees outside. Call roadside and all it says is to download the GM APP to access roadside. No wifi. I tried everything, reverse, N, D, hold the P button, don't hold it. Wondering if it had to do with the refresh??? It's back at the dealer.

View attachment 264481
Wow...hope everything checks out, I’d be furious (I have 4 kids, I know your pain too well LOL)

On a side note - I had the BCSM recall done last week (still waiting on airbag recall harness to come in for that recall)

I have noticed since the programming, when I put my XL in reverse, it no longer begins to roll on its own, I have to give it gas to start reversing. I’m not on an incline or decline either. Just thought it was strange

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The concerns just keep piling up. I am glad now the deal fell thru for the 2021 Z71 and I have my 2005.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212