Recall N202317390 Brake System Control Module Internal Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jna97

Reaction score
Just was notified yesterday about recall N202317390 Brake System Control Module Internal Fault. Dealer said it takes 1-1.5hrs and is a brake module reprogram. Details below:

“Certain 2021 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Tahoe, Suburban, GMC Yukon and Yukon XL vehicles may have a condition in which the brake system control module (BSCM) may set and latch an internal fault in the module’s on-board diagnostics (OBD) buffer. When the fault is present, no malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) is illuminated and there is no driver information center (DIC) message. If an over the air (OTA) software update is pushed to an OBD module and the customer accepts it through the Infotainment system, the update will fail because the presence of the active fault will block the OTA update. The customer may notice that the OTA update has failed with an error message on the DIC. This fault is not visible through dealer tools.

Repair Description:

Dealers are to reprogram the BSCM.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am sure some of the new 2021 model owners here are glad for this info. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like either the dealer was swamped and wanted to put you off or the reprogram steps had not come out yet.

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
We had ours in for the wire to airbag being short and dealer told us there was a software update but that GM hasn’t sent it out yet. That was Thursday.

OP
OP
jna97

jna97

Reaction score
We had ours in for the wire to airbag being short and dealer told us there was a software update but that GM hasn’t sent it out yet. That was Thursday.

Actually got mine done today. The in-person advisor told me when I checked it in that the first software update didn’t work and actually made things worse. They got a new update later this week and it has been successful. Took about an hour.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine fixed while it was in for exhaust issue this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st