2015 Yukon Denali Service Trailer Brake System Dismiss message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benjamminharris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2015 Yukon Denali that I bought a few months ago. It’s got about 104,000 miles on it. I got a message for service trailer brake system. I don’t tow anything, nor do I plan on it. The hitch cover is on it, and I don’t believe the previous owner towed anything. How do I either get rid of this or what do I need to do. A video on YouTube said it could shut the truck down from a faulty wiring harness GM knows is junk, but won’t recall. I just want the message to stop coming up on dash and flashing at me. It’s annoying.

Jh62118

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2015 Yukon Denali that I bought a few months ago. It’s got about 104,000 miles on it. I got a message for service trailer brake system. I don’t tow anything, nor do I plan on it. The hitch cover is on it, and I don’t believe the previous owner towed anything. How do I either get rid of this or what do I need to do. A video on YouTube said it could shut the truck down from a faulty wiring harness GM knows is junk, but won’t recall. I just want the message to stop coming up on dash and flashing at me. It’s annoying.
Still having this issue? I replaced the module under my truck and it went away for a while. When it came back again about 8mos later, i replaced the brake controller on the dash and it hasn't come back on since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019