2012 chevy suburban service trailer brake system/fuel pump control module with trailer brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livinnmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This old man could use some help diagnosing this 2012 chevy suburban callaway service trailer brake system/fuel pump control module with trailer brake issue. apologies if I posted this in the wrong area.

Originally the dash displayed service trailer brake system. I replaced the trailer brake control switch which did not resolve the issue.
I scanned the codes and found ...
C1119-00 Fuel Pump Control Module - Trailer Brake Control Relay Feed Back Circuit((FPCM)
C1119-00 Fuel Pump Control Module - Trailer Brake Control Relay Feed Back Circuit(FPCM_TBC)

The Suburban seems to run and drive without any issues.

Are there any additional steps I can take to further diagnose the issue?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This old man could use some help diagnosing this 2012 chevy suburban callaway service trailer brake system/fuel pump control module with trailer brake issue. apologies if I posted this in the wrong area.

Originally the dash displayed service trailer brake system. I replaced the trailer brake control switch which did not resolve the issue.
C1119-00 Fuel Pump Control Module - Trailer Brake Control Relay Feed Back Circuit((FPCM)
C1119-00 Fuel Pump Control Module - Trailer Brake Control Relay Feed Back Circuit(FPCM_TBC)

It’s totaled. Sell that glorious unicorn to me cheap! ;)

The alldata manual doesn’t offer any troubleshooting steps, which is unusual, referring to removal and replacement instructions instead. The trailer brake control module (TBCM) is integral to the fuel pump control module (FPCM) and is mounted above the spare. I would start by checking all connections for secure fit, dryness and no corrosion.

My guess is that this module will need replacing though because it lives in a pretty harsh environment back there.

IMG_5581.png

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will try to diagnose further.
it should be noted also that the trailer brake control module (if equipped separately) might be in a different location, which is why I Tagged @swathdiver I believe his was found just north of the edge of the fuel tank. might depend on the year. my Denali does not have a trailer brake control but I did find a mounting location for one near the gas tank on the frame.

OP
OP
L

livinnmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found the trailer brake control module under the spare tire.
The next issue is removing the spare tire. It had never been removed and is frozen in place.
I guess the next step will be to remove the spare tire before testing the module.
Its always something.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had the same trouble code. What fixed mine was to disconnect the battery negative, remove and clean the ground under the driver seat on the frame, remove and clean the two grounds at the rear drivers side frame by the bumper, reconnect battery negative.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

1696625944330.png

In these later year trucks, the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller shares hardware with the Fuel Pump Control Module. So if this has to replaced, it requires programming for both to become operational again. Yours may require special programming since you have a Calloway.

If you find the SSR to be at fault, it is located between the fuel tank and ABS pump on a transverse bracket. You can loosen the screws that hold it in place from the backside with a 4 mm or 5/32 socket, slide it out of the mount and then replace it. Look for the post, "Where is my Solid State Relay?".

OP
OP
L

livinnmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The issue ended up being a bad Fuel Control Module. The module was replaced, programmed an no more service trailer brake system alert.
Appreciate everones help.

Attachments

• Callaway 3.jpg
    Callaway 3.jpg
    767.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Callaway1.jpg
    Callaway1.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Callaway 2.jpg
    Callaway 2.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Callaway SC.jpg