Brakes won't bleed following control module replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SEK Wildcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Non-dealer mechanic replaced the ABS control module in my 2005 Yukon SLT today. Due to one of the torx being stuck had to remove the entire BPMV assembly to replace the module, which introduced air into the system. Reinstalled the unit and now can't get the brakes to bleed as fluid isn't getting through the pump. Purchased the remanufactured unit from RockAuto and it indicates programming is required. He uses an ABS scan tool and can't seem to make any progress. Any guidance is appreciated!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Non-dealer mechanic replaced the ABS control module in my 2005 Yukon SLT today. Due to one of the torx being stuck had to remove the entire BPMV assembly to replace the module, which introduced air into the system. Reinstalled the unit and now can't get the brakes to bleed as fluid isn't getting through the pump. Purchased the remanufactured unit from RockAuto and it indicates programming is required. He uses an ABS scan tool and can't seem to make any progress. Any guidance is appreciated!
1694073717786.png

lyncht1967

Reaction score
if drivable, try going on gravel road or grassy area and slam on brakes several times thereby activating abs, let it rest a few minutes then do several times again. may get air out of pump and then bleed at wheels again. repeat as necessary...worth a try, worked for me once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz