Rear wiper contraption delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People forget about them (at least until they need them), kids play with them, automatic car washes are ******* them, the rubber blade gets destroyed, then they scratch...
On the 15’s+ kids can’t reach them and washes can’t touch them.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO Get off your high horse. We don't all have the privilege of paved roads.

LMFAOOMGBBQ I spend a lot of time on dirt roads. Never had an issue with my back window getting scratched on my ‘16.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMFAOOMGBBQ I spend a lot of time on dirt roads. Never had an issue with my back window getting scratched on my ‘16.

Wow, guy asks a question, not your option or personal experience. Calm down....

I'm curious what it would look like. I'm not interested in deleting it off mine, just curious. If @900sub6.0 does it, please post up some pics!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of us just plain don’t like rear wipers and never use them. They get forgotten about because we never use them until they accidentally get turned on, and that’s when there’s something on the glass that causes a perfectly good wiper blade to scratch the glass because it’s not in front of our eyes and we never use the damn thing. I never understood why some vehicles get rear wipers and some don’t. Look around, there is no rhyme or reason on which vehicles have them. Myself, if it’s hidden and not ugly I’d remove the fuse. On my 02 it was ugly so I deleted it at great cost. Deleted the mechanism, filled the holes in the lift gate, bodywork and paint was done, then I pulled the damn switch and put in a blank plate. I hate the stupid things and see no need for them. If my window gets so dirty I can’t see out of it, it’s time for a bath. Rant over. Do as you like @900sub6.0 .

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm curious what it would look like. I'm not interested in deleting it off mine, just curious. If @900sub6.0 does it, please post up some pics!

This little dispute began over MY question. I asked how a rear wiper was inherently inferior to front wipers. Not a single one of the anti-wiper posts in this thread has given a rational answer to that question. All such answers have centered on the quality of upkeep by the owners; even when the poster himself didn't realize it.

joe

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Was it the ‘BBQ’ that showed how very angry I was? ;-)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious--
What's different about a rear wiper, compared to front wipers, that causes scratched glass?

joe

This little dispute began over MY question. I asked how a rear wiper was inherently inferior to front wipers. Not a single one of the anti-wiper posts in this thread has given a rational answer to that question. All such answers have centered on the quality of upkeep by the owners; even when the poster himself didn't realize it.

joe

joe

Joe maybe you didn’t read all the reasons some of us have posted as to why the rear wipers might scratch glass, which as you see is your original question. Upkeep isn’t the problem, it’s the fact the thing is in the back where it’s not noticed or used often, so if a bunch of dried on dirt or road crap gets on the glass ( like the op was talking about on his crappy dirt roads) and the wiper is inadvertently turned on without fluid behind dispensed , it can scratch the glass. With a new wiper and full washer fluid. There’s your rational answer. Again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667