Rear wiper contraption delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

900sub6.0

Reaction score
Has anyone deleted the rear wiper and the freaking huge rear awning that covers it. I always disable my rear wiper because it scratches glass. It just seems to hang off the back killing the side profile looks. It's huge! Just hoping there is something out there.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours is hidden under that "awning." It's looks don't bother me and, if keep a wiper blade on it, it doesn't scratch the glass.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone deleted the rear wiper and the freaking huge rear awning that covers it. I always disable my rear wiper because it scratches glass. It just seems to hang off the back killing the side profile looks. It's huge! Just hoping there is something out there.

I think deleting the rear lip would look very odd. Imo it adds to the looks

b5cebda44c8caa4336be09e0e2d9403d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree the “ freaking huge rear awning” is a part of the vehicle that actually looks good as is. I sure wouldn’t delete it. As far as the wiper itself, I’m sure it wouldn’t be as hard as my 02 was, where I had to have holes in the lift gate closed with welded in pieces and then bobywork and paint done. I see no point in a rear wiper. Never used it.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm curious--
What's different about a rear wiper, compared to front wipers, that causes scratched glass?

joe

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious--
What's different about a rear wiper, compared to front wipers, that causes scratched glass?

People forget about them (at least until they need them), kids play with them, automatic car washes are ******* them, the rubber blade gets destroyed, then they scratch...

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People forget about them (at least until they need them), kids play with them, automatic car washes are ******* them, the rubber blade gets destroyed, then they scratch...

None of that sounds, to me, like inherent flaws because they're on the rear glass. That all has to do with how well they're maintained.

joe

OP
OP
900sub6.0

900sub6.0

Reaction score
I'm curious--

joe

The dirt cakes on the back window. If its dry or a ton of dirt on it and you try wash it with wiper, it drags dirt back and forth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie