Rear wiper arm fell off....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not all rear wiper changeouts are easy peasy. A number of folks here, including myself, had a hell of a time getting the wiper arm base off the splines. I had to use a pully puller to get mine off the splines. Before mounting the new wiper blade arm, put some grease on the splines, so that if needed, you can easily remove the wiper the next time (hopefully never).

I purchased a rear wiper arm (perhaps Dorman) from Rock Auto, and 3 years later, it is still operating fine.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The Dorman one is all metal but the black finish will give up the ghost eventually, especially on salt roads.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all rear wiper changeouts are easy peasy. A number of folks here, including myself, had a hell of a time getting the wiper arm base off the splines. I had to use a pully puller to get mine off the splines. Before mounting the new wiper blade arm, put some grease on the splines, so that if needed, you can easily remove the wiper the next time (hopefully never).

I purchased a rear wiper arm (perhaps Dorman) from Rock Auto, and 3 years later, it is still operating fine.
Corrosion can make that a real pain I agree, but if this wiper arm is in fact totally plastic from the factory, I don't think it'll be corroded.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is very strange and not common with them. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I order a lot of stuff from them. This is the first time I saw something that off the wall in pricing on that site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts