Rear main seal leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you even sure your rear main is leaking and not a combination of all the other normal leak spots like the valve covers, oil pressure sender, block off plate, pan gasket etc? You can get a boroscope up there to see, that’s about the only way to be positive.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get rear Trans seal with boot, where driveshaft slips in
-Exhaust flange gaskets, for both sides and I think the rear may one one too. For when mid pipe comes down
-I would replace the oil switch up top and the cam pos sensor as during my research I saw where these two were proven to leak over time.
-Nows a good time to do a trans filter as well since trans will be out and on the floor. Dropping the pan otherwise is a painful process

Joe Lindbergh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I seen in other posts if you just change the seal you should use a line up tool, if a new plate come with seal in it you cant use the tool... any body run into any problems just putting it in like it is, my tranny guy they said they had a recall because of porosity in the aluminum and could leak?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe