Rear latch??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OriginOfKaos

Reaction score
So when i bought the yukon, i opened the rear glass and dropped the tailgate. When i tried to close it, the window wouldnt lock. I can go outside right now and open the upper rear glass with unlocking anything. Ive tried to find right nomenclature for this part and cannot find it. I have tvs and other entertainment i want to put in but i cant because of the rear glass not locking. Anybody know the right name so i can replace it?
20231009_090008.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So when i bought the yukon, i opened the rear glass and dropped the tailgate. When i tried to close it, the window wouldnt lock. I can go outside right now and open the upper rear glass with unlocking anything. Ive tried to find right nomenclature for this part and cannot find it. I have tvs and other entertainment i want to put in but i cant because of the rear glass not locking. Anybody know the right name so i can replace it?
View attachment 411028
you will probably want to replace the "rear lock actuator" or glass/hatch actuator
not sure on the OBS if the glass and rear hatch or door lock is 2 separate units or a single unit
it could be just a plastic hook that broke inside or it could even just be in need of some lubrication, I would pull the trim piece off and have a look at what is going on.

OP
OP
O

OriginOfKaos

Reaction score
you will probably want to replace the "rear lock actuator" or glass/hatch actuator
not sure on the OBS if the glass and rear hatch or door lock is 2 separate units or a single unit
it could be just a plastic hook that broke inside or it could even just be in need of some lubrication, I would pull the trim piece off and have a look at what is going on.
Will do that! Thanks. Ill check it out. I thought the actuators were for the newer models with power options. Thanks again!!!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to tell from the angle, but it looks like your latch is in the closed position. If the dash switch won’t trip it, turn the tailgate key and pull the thing (pawl?) down. Try spraying it with some lithium or dry/silicone lube, maybe it’s just gummed up.

Open latch, glass will close:

IMG_7021.jpeg

Closed latch, turn the key and pull the pawl toward you:

IMG_7022.jpeg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It might be an optical illusion but it looks to me like the angled piece is bent to the left a bit.

20231009_090008.jpg

OP
OP
O

OriginOfKaos

Reaction score
It’s hard to tell from the angle, but it looks like your latch is in the closed position. If the dash switch won’t trip it, turn the tailgate key and pull the thing (pawl?) down. Try spraying it with some lithium or dry/silicone lube, maybe it’s just gummed up.

Open latch, glass will close:

View attachment 411089

Closed latch, turn the key and pull the pawl toward you:

View attachment 411090
Oh thanks!! This does help! Yeah, mine is stuck. I just have to fix it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019