How to open liftglass on tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPB07Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon Denali XL. It has 204,500 Wisconsin salty miles.
The rear window wiper stopped working so I am on a mission to diagnose it and fix it.
The wiper was functioning well before it died.
I checked the fuse by the drivers side and it has 12 volts and is good.
This led me to look at the tailgate area. The wiring bundle going into the top of the tailgate looks okay - not chaffed.
I removed the upper inner trim facia trim ring and I can not find an electrical connector to test.
Now I want to remove the big lower inner trim facia piece so that I Can see everything on the inside of the tailgate.
I have watched several you tubes which show two push pin type clips which hold the top of the panel to the tailgate frame.
The challenge is that I have to open the liftglass to access those two push pins.
My liftglass does not open when pushing my key fob or the manual "A " button located outside on the passenger side of the tailgate. I can not open the glass. I have checked a few more fuses but no fuse seems to exist for just the glass actuation. I have never used the liftglass feature during the last 9 years and I don't p[lan on using it in the future.
Is there a trick way to get that liftglass hook latch to release?
Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.
J.Peter

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have not had to or tried to remove the hatch trim on this gen but I know the 2 clips you are reffering to, I would assume you could just force it off if had to
but I would wait for others input first.
I assume the front roof switch does not operate it either?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never fully removed mine. I've just separated the lower half to install convenience lights. I bet you could pop it off as much as possible and reach up in there with a coat hanger or something and release it.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon Denali XL. It has 204,500 Wisconsin salty miles.
The rear window wiper stopped working so I am on a mission to diagnose it and fix it.
The wiper was functioning well before it died.
I checked the fuse by the drivers side and it has 12 volts and is good.
This led me to look at the tailgate area. The wiring bundle going into the top of the tailgate looks okay - not chaffed.
I removed the upper inner trim facia trim ring and I can not find an electrical connector to test.
Now I want to remove the big lower inner trim facia piece so that I Can see everything on the inside of the tailgate.
I have watched several you tubes which show two push pin type clips which hold the top of the panel to the tailgate frame.
The challenge is that I have to open the liftglass to access those two push pins.
My liftglass does not open when pushing my key fob or the manual "A " button located outside on the passenger side of the tailgate. I can not open the glass. I have checked a few more fuses but no fuse seems to exist for just the glass actuation. I have never used the liftglass feature during the last 9 years and I don't p[lan on using it in the future.
Is there a trick way to get that liftglass hook latch to release?
Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.
J.Peter
dumb question but you did push and hold either the fob or the button on tailgate?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I have never used the liftglass feature during the last 9 years..."

You might be on to something here. :yaoface2:
thats how mine works..and the hold seems oddly longer than it should be, thats why i mention it

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats how mine works..and the hold seems oddly longer than it should be, thats why i mention it

Yeah, you're right. Holding it has just become second nature. If OP has never used the feature, he might not know to hold it for the full 750 milliseconds to activate it. I think the same thing when I press and hold the button under the applique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts