REAR END UPGRADES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any inexpensive ones in your area?
I'll probably keep up the search for an 05-06 one anyway, since I believe these were all 3.73 gear ratio, and that matches the gear ratio in my 04 Tahoe Z71 4wd so I won't have to re-gear to match the front diff.

Reaction score
Does the 2006 Escalade rear axle assembly bolt directly to the 2000 - 2006 Tahoe? ...per LKQ's website it does not. It seems as though you all have found success making the swap??

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Does the 2006 Escalade rear axle assembly bolt directly to the 2000 - 2006 Tahoe? ...per LKQ's website it does not. It seems as though you all have found success making the swap??
I can't see why not. I'd think they're both the same underneath--same mounting points. Only thing you'd need to worry about would be the gear ratio if you're 4wd.

Reaction score
Sorry I should have been more specific...is there a 14 bolt, 9.5" axle that will bolt right up to the 2000 - 2006 Tahoe? I that's whats on the Escalades or 2500's??

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will find out the answer to your question in the next few months. I have the axle, but it's not installed yet. There are 2 minor differences I've noticed already but haven't seen what it'll take to overcome them. The rear drop brake line is single on my Tahoe 10b and the drop brake line on the Escalade axle is dual lines. Additionally, the wheel speed sensors appear to be in a different location on the axle of the 14b vs the 10b. I'm hoping the wheel speed sensors will just plug in. The brake line I haven't sorted out yet. From looking at it, it appears everything else will be bolt it up and go. Time will tell.

I'm wrapping up a 6.0 engine swap and having a heck of a time getting the pcm tune sorted out here in CA. With our Gestapo smog **** bureaucrats and their silly regulations and heavy hand, everyone is running scared with making any computer modifications. There are some diesel tuners that have already been fined out of business here in CA. Good job bureaucRATS, putting people out of work. SMH....

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will find out the answer to your question in the next few months. I have the axle, but it's not installed yet. There are 2 minor differences I've noticed already but haven't seen what it'll take to overcome them. The rear drop brake line is single on my Tahoe 10b and the drop brake line on the Escalade axle is dual lines. Additionally, the wheel speed sensors appear to be in a different location on the axle of the 14b vs the 10b. I'm hoping the wheel speed sensors will just plug in. The brake line I haven't sorted out yet. From looking at it, it appears everything else will be bolt it up and go. Time will tell.

I'm wrapping up a 6.0 engine swap and having a heck of a time getting the pcm tune sorted out here in CA. With our Gestapo smog **** bureaucrats and their silly regulations and heavy hand, everyone is running scared with making any computer modifications. There are some diesel tuners that have already been fined out of business here in CA. Good job bureaucRATS, putting people out of work. SMH....
Register it in Vermont. Problem solved.

register a vehicle in Vermont

Last edited:

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here are the two differences noted before. 14b.JPG14b1.JPG

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After seeing Lawrence Tolman run several low 11s and a 10 with his turbo 8.1 extended cab Silverado on a 8.6 with stock everything except a real posi instead of govloc ... i dont think i will ever need anything sturdier lol.