Rear cargo storage....rubber floor problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, same here... on road trips to TX, visiting family, I take stuff to fill up the cargo area. Coming back I buy tools etc.. to fill up the cargo area. There must be an easier, less expensive way, to keep stuff from moving around.

Ron
I bought a cheap organizer off amazon just now that has some tie down points. I’ll report back. I thought of just getting some cheap carpet from the fabric store and adding it back there over the rubber.

Mine only has the 2 tie downs near the tailgate but has some hooks on the seat frames to use too.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a cheap organizer off amazon just now that has some tie down points. I’ll report back. I thought of just getting some cheap carpet from the fabric store and adding it back there over the rubber.

Mine only has the 2 tie downs near the tailgate but has some hooks on the seat frames to use too.

Of course I could use something like that... I was more looking for something to put down, that keeps stuff from sliding around. Like a rubber mat, a liner or so. (similar to these rubber floor mats, but figured that might just slide around too.

Ron

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course I could use something like that... I was more looking for something to put down, that keeps stuff from sliding around. Like a rubber mat, a liner or so. (similar to these rubber floor mats, but figured that might just slide around too.

Ron
I’ve had weathertech cargo liners before and shit slides just as much as with the stock rubber floor in this thing. I think you’d have to add carpet to get something that doesn’t fly around too much without strapping it down. Or use some shelf/tool box liner with double sided tape.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had weathertech cargo liners before and shit slides just as much as with the stock rubber floor in this thing. I think you’d have to add carpet to get something that doesn’t fly around too much without strapping it down. Or use some shelf/tool box liner with double sided tape.
that could be what is needed is a piece of carpet underneath then because my gmc rubber mat doesn't budge on the carpet, I mean it will if you do a emergency stop or something but otherwise it stays in place very well I wish I had put one in my nbs that I drove for 12 years.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I used that toolbox liner, rubbery mesh, under my electric cooler/fridge it just slides a little slower *lol*

Ron

14PPVHOE

Reaction score
I bought a 3'x4' piece of carpet/mat at the local hdw store ($15) and some double sided carpet tape. Fits great but stuff still slid around a bit, so I now use plastic storage bins. If full, they don't move at all. The mat nicely covers all the holes and cuts in the vinyl from the cop storage locker.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645