Rear cargo storage....rubber floor problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so in my nnbs Sierra I had a rubber tote that sat under my rear seats and worked well for the basics (air inflator, towing stuff, tools etc).

Since there’s no storage under the back seat on my ‘hoe I have it in the rear cargo area and use a ratchet strap to keep it from flopping around. Anybody install any sort of cargo management back there to combat the rubber flooring?

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I have just not as tall, maybe an inch shorter with a carpet top.

tahoe rear storage.jpg

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I love the rubber "carpet", but yeah, in the cargo area ... contents may have shifted during transit. I have an electric cooler/fridge in the back, pretty much all the time... I caught myself breaking in right turns to have it move back to it's "designated spot" *lol*

Ron

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got lucky and a federal agency was throwing them out, yes I said "them" as in several! The one I have is actually for a Ford Expedition and it slid right in. The only issue I have is if I want to fold the rear seats down I need to pull the storage out about a half inch so the levers on the seats don't get hung up

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got lucky and a federal agency was throwing them out, yes I said "them" as in several! The one I have is actually for a Ford Expedition and it slid right in. The only issue I have is if I want to fold the rear seats down I need to pull the storage out about a half inch so the levers on the seats don't get hung up

uuhhh what are we talking about here?

Ron

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No clue. I was just wondering if someone had a cheap solution for stuff sliding around on my rubber floor lol

yup, same here... on road trips to TX, visiting family, I take stuff to fill up the cargo area. Coming back I buy tools etc.. to fill up the cargo area. There must be an easier, less expensive way, to keep stuff from moving around.

Ron

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well there's a cargo net you can use and there is 4 triangular mounting points, mine is not the ppv but I am sure the mounting point bolt holes must still be present? mine has regular carpet but came with a rear GMC rubber mat and that thing is pretty skid proof heavier stuff never budges, I use the rear space in mine to haul stuff all the time
I keep a couple things in the jack storage compartment, I have a heavy duty set of jumper cables, a 12' chain, gloves and there is room for plenty more
here is the link to a cargo net (oem)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-2007-2013-Suburban-Yukon-Escalade-Trunk-Cargo-Storage-Net-Mesh-19153964/261322788681?fits=Year:2012|Model:Yukon&hash=item3cd80d4f49:g:KYoAAMXQ9rVQ4aCW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu