Raptor style grill lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
I have been going back and forth on whether or not to install “raptor” lights in my ‘19 Tahoe and finally did it. I wasn’t sure if I would like it or not so I just bought cheap $10 lights on Amazon and if I like the look I will replace them with nicer lights once these inevitably go bad. The lights are black and can’t be seen when they are not illuminated. I took a few day and night shots in my garage.

Let me know what you think! Still trying to decide if I like the look or not.
Thanks. 9DB6446B-B7AC-4A10-922E-4FF3BE4BD85F.jpeg

Attachments

• 3DFE603E-823A-47B3-9BF8-EBFA509F4F91.jpeg
    3DFE603E-823A-47B3-9BF8-EBFA509F4F91.jpeg
    339.8 KB · Views: 27
  • BAF7C454-DEFF-422C-B693-1FDB4CDF1D26.jpeg
    BAF7C454-DEFF-422C-B693-1FDB4CDF1D26.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 32B23E78-8E3D-453E-8BF9-D847AC474652.jpeg
    32B23E78-8E3D-453E-8BF9-D847AC474652.jpeg
    484.6 KB · Views: 31
  • F0005BF6-F4A4-4B26-86D4-76E2BF012200.jpeg
    F0005BF6-F4A4-4B26-86D4-76E2BF012200.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 30

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you asked for opinions so here goes. I actually don't hate it. I don't recall ever seeing raptor lights on a late model Tahoe in person. And from your front tag you appear to be in my neck of the woods (or you simply like impersonating people in stupid states). But you have what seems to be a Yeti cooler bag, an obvious US General tool box, drywall garage walls, and at least one Milwaukee tool, which tells me you possess a unique combination of relative thriftiness and good taste for quality. So if you're local then I'm putting you in the upper echelon of the thinking class.

Based on this info and the mods in your sig, I'm going to keep my eye on you. I suspect a Jedi will seek you out for training.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its interesting
& def. the 1st one ive seen

lots of tacos around here... 3, 4, or 5 lights in their grilles
& 1 chevy truck w/ 6.... it doesnt look good

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont hate it, but i always ask myself, WHY ? the only reason the raptor and TRX have them is for DOT legalities due to vehicle width. If they were white or projecting for a purpose...i could see that. but again, they dont look bad.

BauerTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think it’s interesting! I bet if you invested a little more to chrome delete your Tahoe it would pop even more but look purposeful vs aftermarket. Just an opinion.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been going back and forth on whether or not to install “raptor” lights in my ‘19 Tahoe and finally did it. I wasn’t sure if I would like it or not so I just bought cheap $10 lights on Amazon and if I like the look I will replace them with nicer lights once these inevitably go bad. The lights are black and can’t be seen when they are not illuminated. I took a few day and night shots in my garage.

Let me know what you think! Still trying to decide if I like the look or not.
Thanks.
@Tahoe_Rx -> This is REALLY interesting and I'm glad you've made an attempt at it! The TYForum is the perfect place to be posting for others thoughts/opinions on your mod.

I've actually been thinking about what this might look like on our setups. There are a lot of HD Chevy trucks rolling around here in Maine and they have numerous amber lights across the front grille, hood, and on the sides of the truck. That's what first got me thinking. I basically consider them running lights, similar to an airplane. It is REALLY, REALLY dark on many roads here in Maine and I like the idea of extra lights to warn other drivers.

Do you happen to have a photo of your Raptor lights running on the Tahoe outside in the dark? vs. garage shots?

Do you have a link to the product you purchased on amazon?

What was the installation process like and how are you powering these lights?

I'm back and forth just like you are saying, but at the end of the day you are certainly getting a unique look vs. all the others out there on the road.

OP
OP
Tahoe_Rx

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
Yeah, I am not in love with it.. I will likely remove them in the next week or so when I have time.. I like the look on the tacos etc, and the new sequoia has them from factory and looks decent.
Just thought I would share photos for anyone else considering the lights since I couldn’t find photos of anyone else who had done it to their rig.

Thanks for the honest feedback, that is exactly what i was looking for.

Again, no big loss on my end. $10 on lights, had wires etc laying around in the garage and it only took me about an hour to install and run wiring.

OP
OP
Tahoe_Rx

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
@Tahoe_Rx -> This is REALLY interesting and I'm glad you've made an attempt at it! The TYForum is the perfect place to be posting for others thoughts/opinions on your mod.

I've actually been thinking about what this might look like on our setups. There are a lot of HD Chevy trucks rolling around here in Maine and they have numerous amber lights across the front grille, hood, and on the sides of the truck. That's what first got me thinking. I basically consider them running lights, similar to an airplane. It is REALLY, REALLY dark on many roads here in Maine and I like the idea of extra lights to warn other drivers.

Do you happen to have a photo of your Raptor lights running on the Tahoe outside in the dark? vs. garage shots?

I'm back and forth just like you are saying, but at the end of the day you are certainly getting a unique look vs. all the others out there on the road.
I will take more photos tonight and send you the Amazon product link when I get off of work. Wiring was super easy, just joined all of the positives into one wire and ran it to the fuse box and can either use an add a fuse to tap into DRL or ignition to always be on. And then joined all negative wires and ran to ground.

OP
OP
Tahoe_Rx

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
I think it’s interesting! I bet if you invested a little more to chrome delete your Tahoe it would pop even more but look purposeful vs aftermarket. Just an opinion.
I agree, I thought the same thing when I first looked my Tahoe with the lights installed. It would definitely look better without the chrome.. I just haven’t decided if I will wrap/plastidip the chrome on my current grill or just buy a black grill and install it.

OP
OP
Tahoe_Rx

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score

Here is the product link on amazon.

I will also attach a photo of the lights when they are not illuminated. Blend in perfect behind the grill. DCCD6421-62A9-468C-8ABD-744C53DBAC5A.jpeg6F740C23-546F-4F54-A173-B918E688A80A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev