Random misfire - no codes - what to look for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John03Z71

Reaction score
When I looked them up I verified the number on the coils, that might have been through Advance's site though.

Surely the wires wouldn't be my issue would it? I assumed the main difference was the length.

I do know the lengths are different, not sure if they are the exact same otherwise.
**Edit: also meant to say that if you're using the 748HH wires and you have the round Delphi coils (or vice versa), if your budget permits I'd try swapping the wires out with the correct ones and see if it rectifies your problem. If not, at least you've ruled the wires out as the problem and will now also be using the 'correct' wires.

Last edited:

Bill-H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hmmmm, Wonder if this is causing my misfire at idle (02 5.3 flex). It doesn't seem to be throwing any codes ,,, yet.

I also have a exhaust leak at the back on the drivers side manifold. Waiting on the Kral kit to fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts