Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my pushrods are too short on my rebuild as well. Getting some valve train noise when its fully warm.

thats the part thats got me messed up, ive had the valvecovers off plenty of time and if a valve was on the base lobe they were loose, like real loose - maybe no lash but you could easily "jingle" the rocker side to side.
so i dont know, and never checked, if the pushrods were the right size because they assembled it as a longblock.
using the pushrods it used to be assembled with it was opening the valve before the rocker bolt was anywhere near 25ftlbs

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the part thats got me messed up, ive had the valvecovers off plenty of time and if a valve was on the base lobe they were loose, like real loose - maybe no lash but you could easily "jingle" the rocker side to side.
so i dont know, and never checked, if the pushrods were the right size because they assembled it as a longblock.
using the pushrods it used to be assembled with it was opening the valve before the rocker bolt was anywhere near 25ftlbs

I really have no clue how to check that shit. I'd much prefer to do it myself, so I don't have to bother anyone. I was there when we bolted the rockers on. He did something on the number 8 spring, but I didn't pay attention. I bolted the passenger side on...the one thats making more noise lol

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
officially i think you want to have .050-.075 of preload on the lifters, make sure youre on base lobe of cam

if you have a pushrod checker tool, you set the rocker up with 0 lash (up/down movement on the valve stem), side to side movement is ok. torque the rocker bolt to 25ft lbs. that would be zero lash with zero preload, add the preload to the pushrod measurement.

ive watched a handful of youtube videos (from actual engine builders not joe blows) and its fairly accurate with the actual pushrod youre going to use. set it up at zerolash (the rocker wont be seated on the head yet) and it should take less than 1 turn (360*) for the rocker arm bolt to reach 25 ft lbs. sweet spot being 1/2 to 3/4 turn

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
officially i think you want to have .050-.075 of preload on the lifters, make sure youre on base lobe of cam

if you have a pushrod checker tool, you set the rocker up with 0 lash (up/down movement on the valve stem), side to side movement is ok. torque the rocker bolt to 25ft lbs. that would be zero lash with zero preload, add the preload to the pushrod measurement.

ive watched a handful of youtube videos (from actual engine builders not joe blows) and its fairly accurate with the actual pushrod youre going to use. set it up at zerolash (the rocker wont be seated on the head yet) and it should take less than 1 turn (360*) for the rocker arm bolt to reach 25 ft lbs. sweet spot being 1/2 to 3/4 turn

Thank you for the explanation. I think I can handle that

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It hasn't technically broken for a while, it just slow so I build it again and again

Good news, I get to practice more welding, cause shit don't fit.

Pushrods which I overnighter thursday will be here Monday, so thanks summit for that I guess.

Radiator showed up, tis pretty nice.
Thicker than the mishimoto, and since I am an authority on welds now, dare I say the welds do look better on the flexalite . Got to clearance the bottom hole that the insulator drops into so it can slide over, lines up with left side of condenser as planned so thats good. Need to have an fittings welded on it
20210417_194218.jpg 20210417_194209.jpg 20210417_194153.jpg 20210417_194200.jpg 20210417_194149.jpg

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no oil or trans cooler on the flexalite tho, havent used oil for a while...trans would be nice but ill see how it do with just the 40k
the fans were only like another 200bux with the radiator so i went ahead and grabbed them, comes with a whole variable speed controller and stuff . i think i can still use the stock fans with a little bit of work if i want to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212