Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last hooorah
If I cant get everything hammered out and working I'm just gonna park it till next week and I have a few days off to eff with it...sick of 10pm nights every night on it

Injectors cleaned and flowed , dude said they really werent that bad. There was some trash just in them that fell out when I pulled them and turned them over. I messed with pretty much every hose so good chance some trash was left in there.
Grab valve covers from friend. No mounts for coils, I'll have to find somewhere to put them and make up ends that will take a couple hours. But ill give it a shot prob20191122_154229.jpg IMG_20191122_154323_01.jpg

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not slackin... taking bathroom break.

Valve covers not sure if I'll be able to fill with oil but I'll figure that out, one side done relocating coils. Going to run out of the correct crimp ends for ls coils onto these wires cause I've had two pull the end out of the ceramic insulator (factory made end) so trying to figure out how to half ass or to work20191122_190940.jpg 20191122_190950.jpg 20191122_190946.jpg 20191122_190957.jpg

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...none of that cured the knock retard getting picked up by the sensor. Its accompanied by a screech sometimes at low rpm and the engine bogs way down, but I'm not sure if thats because of the timing getting pulled. Going to pull the turbo back off and apart, cant see any sign of it hitting anywhere on the compressor side but cant see a lot of it, so need to take both covers off. It will do it every so often at idle so I may just pull the filter and watch it a few mins to see if the turbo wheel stalls out or noticeably slows

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:(

Timing set a chain and not gears, yeah?

Yea billet timing set (chain)
I really dont know what else would make a screeching sound and cause knock. Crank walking? Lol dont know. changed the oil yesterday too and nothing alarming.

"Hoping" theres some noticeable rub wear in the turbo and I can just order another and be done. I can pull the compressor side and center section and leave the exhaust side together and probably start it up

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really dont know what else would make a screeching sound and cause knock. Crank walking? Lol dont know. changed the oil yesterday too and nothing alarming.

"Hoping" theres some noticeable rub wear in the turbo and I can just order another and be done. I can pull the compressor side and center section and leave the exhaust side together and probably start it up
It’s not a double roller chain by chance is it?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I thought so, but wasn't sure what such a beast of an engine would include. I asked cuz I recalled a guy having KR issues and it was due to harmonics from his gear drive timing set.

Hoping it's not anything with the motor! I like the idea of gutting the turbo to test. Anxiously awaiting updates...

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm working thru the easiest to check to the hardest, turbo is next in line. Pulling front cover is going to be a pain but itll get there if I find nothing else I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076