Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
:console:

drove yukon to work, its kinda dirty
i95 gauntlet wasnt bad, cruised 80+ most of the way.
rear end feels like it moves so much not sure if spoon bars are flexing or delspheres just allows to much motion or wtf. kind of want to go back to a stiffer poly bushing that restricts most motion to just up and down
I’m kinda glad I went with the poly over the delsphere joints I haven’t had a single issue out of mine! Heard a lot of mixed things on the delspheres.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some kryptonite hubs in that thing! I ain’t been able to break mine yet and they’re not much more then the Gm ones. Lifetime warranty heavy duty pressed bearings I ordered mine through Rudy’s diesel out of Nc I think when I looked on kryptonite they were out of stock still but rudys has em
i think the one ive having sensor problems with is a kryptonite one , these mfers gave me shit about buying a gimmicky hub :gr_grin: theres nothing wrong with the hub itself it just keep throwing the speed sensor code and then lights up the dash
dunno i cleared the code and it hasnt came back since, i see skf and mevotech make, what they say is, a better hub with better seal on them. i like guinea pigging stuff. better seal would help for sure with the sandy/muddy water it runs through
hasnt quite gotten to the point that im annoyed enough to change it out so will prob keep the spare handy till that time

Last edited:

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
i think the one ive having sensor problems with is a kryptonite one , these mfers gave me shit about buying a gimmicky hub :gr_grin: theres nothing wrong with the hub itself it just keep throwing the speed sensor code and then lights up the dash
dunno i cleared the code and it hasnt came back since, i see skf and mevotech make, what they say is, a better hub with better seal on them. i like guinea pigging stuff. better seal would help for sure with the sandy/muddy water it runs through
hasnt quite gotten to the point that im annoyed enough to change it out so will prob keep the spare handy till that time
Only sensor problems I had with mine was when I put the hub on my dumbass were t looking and pinched the sensor wire and broke it. Not once but a second time doing em on the Tahoe! Thought I would’ve learned my lesson the first time!

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dunno
ordered a skf x-tracker hub - will prob remove sensor and make sure not junk on the tip before swapping entire hub out.
ordered some new wipers
ordered the dorman upper dash piece
ordered another obd bluetooth thingy to leave in yukon so i can see some of the crap without having to have hptuners connected all the time.
gave it a little bit of a wash but needs some heavy scrubbing
played with idle a little more, in gear ac on is nice, in park its a little erratic but otherwise pretty nice, like 87% confident it wont ever stall out after about 8 revisions
driving home from office saturday it started heating up a little, it was like 90°, ac on, pretty spirited :oops: driving...needle would creep a little over the "212" mark wasnt logging so thats all i have to go by. iirc thats like 220-230 in my truck, if i turned the ac off it would come back down to the 212 within like 30secs.
need to order some wire and loom, already have pigtail, for transfercase to front axle switch.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dunno
ordered a skf x-tracker hub - will prob remove sensor and make sure not junk on the tip before swapping entire hub out.
ordered some new wipers
ordered the dorman upper dash piece
ordered another obd bluetooth thingy to leave in yukon so i can see some of the crap without having to have hptuners connected all the time.
gave it a little bit of a wash but needs some heavy scrubbing
played with idle a little more, in gear ac on is nice, in park its a little erratic but otherwise pretty nice, like 87% confident it wont ever stall out after about 8 revisions
driving home from office saturday it started heating up a little, it was like 90°, ac on, pretty spirited :oops: driving...needle would creep a little over the "212" mark wasnt logging so thats all i have to go by. iirc thats like 220-230 in my truck, if i turned the ac off it would come back down to the 212 within like 30secs.
need to order some wire and loom, already have pigtail, for transfercase to front axle switch.
What OBD scanner did you get? Id like to get something so I could monitor the trans temp on the car.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just grabbed a little elm327 to use with torquepro, paid $5 for it once and have added app to like 10 cell phones and never had an issue
Thank you. Can you see the trans temp on that app?

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Can you see the trans temp on that app?
dependent on if car has a sensor that the obd2 can read...i can pull up the trans temp on my dic so i never specifically looked for it but im sure its in there. can check tonight

drove it to work again, everything pretty good. 65-70mph back roads to site A, about 60miles. lots of levee/dirt roads 35ish mph for another 40 miles probably and a short jump over to office. will prob take back roads home. its already a mess was dirty before i even got anywhere lol. checked coolant temp after about 45min on levee roads was sitting at 196,

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dependent on if car has a sensor that the obd2 can read...i can pull up the trans temp on my dic so i never specifically looked for it but im sure its in there. can check tonight

drove it to work again, everything pretty good. 65-70mph back roads to site A, about 60miles. lots of levee/dirt roads 35ish mph for another 40 miles probably and a short jump over to office. will prob take back roads home. its already a mess was dirty before i even got anywhere lol. checked coolant temp after about 45min on levee roads was sitting at 196,
I'm fairly certain I can see it on hpt. I haven't specifically looked for it but I think it's there. I think the pcm can see it

Glad the Yukon is finally coming around for you. Makes me happy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts