Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the borg warner transfer case, right? I probably missed the details but whats needed to mount it to the 4l80e?

Whats your plan to tune it all? HP Tuners segment swap of sorts?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the borg warner transfer case, right? I probably missed the details but whats needed to mount it to the 4l80e?

Whats your plan to tune it all? HP Tuners segment swap of sorts?

Bw4485, Nothing needed to mount to 4l80 has same 32 spline input and uses a transfer case adapter between trans and case like the 6l80. Just needs the correct length of output shaft. There are a few different case adapters not sure how much shorter you could go than the one I have

The pcm of nc harness includes a 4speed tcm, t43(I think). I am not sure of the details but if it's truly "divorced" from the ecm - I may just have to plug it in, read entire, and license new tcm. I think the 6l80 the tcm is in the transmission vb

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah TCM is in the 6l80e. I hope you can tune the t43. Plus tuning a 4l80 is a ******* breeze compared to the 6l80es. Torque management, who needs that! My old 4l80 shifted so damn nice.

Do you need to worry about custom length driveshafts or a modded crossover?

Sorry for all the questions. You have me thinking.... ;)

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will update when the conversion harness shows up, they make it out to be pretty easy and tuned just like a stock truck by hptuners or efilive

From what I've seen overall length is only like an inch longer. Driveshafts I should really get a rear one built anyway. Dont know if I have an inch of play. Front driveshaft I had to shorten for the 9.25, but I picked up another stock one that may be the right length now.

Crossover same deal. trans mount moves back an inch or so, may just need to put a step on stock and box in.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will update when the conversion harness shows up, they make it out to be pretty easy and tuned just like a stock truck by hptuners or efilive

From what I've seen overall length is only like an inch longer. Driveshafts I should really get a rear one built anyway. Dont know if I have an inch of play. Front driveshaft I had to shorten for the 9.25, but I picked up another stock one that may be the right length now.

Crossover same deal. trans mount moves back an inch or so, may just need to put a step on stock and box in.

My GTM800 4l80e swap likely had the same overall dimensions for driveshafts and crossmembers as you are encountering.

You'll probably need this HD front driveshaft.

dNNG113.jpg