Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Do they make a stronger input shaft or is yours the strongest they make?
not sure.... ckperformance shows they have one stronger than the 300m shaft, made of aermet 100 (means about as much as the 300m to me). but they seem to be the only one?

most places FTI/PATC/Jakes/etc just show the 300M -the guys i dropped it off with seemed kind of surprised i managed to break it - they asked for the converter to throw it on their tranny dyno. i said well it wont going to make **** atm. kinda looked at me funny as i pulled the shaft out lol. i think they thought i was exaggerating and there was just something else wrong. they market their own billet input shaft - but i think its common to get the shaft from where ever and sell it under their name

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stumped fellas...I've looked over both of the headgaskets and they look perfect, all the water ports are indented and compressed around the openings no signs of water creeping.

There's a couple spots in the back cylinders 6+8 all the way at the top into the rings.. not sure if just stains or debris riding the rings while it's been parked for one of the many breakages.
Order some penetrating dye and developer, guess I'm going to mask everything off and hit the one spot atleast to see if it is a crack. Tried filling the water jacket up and letting it sit for a day but nothing leaked in- may just open up with heat/pressure tho20210707_180453.jpg20210707_180456.jpg20210707_180508.jpg20210707_180509.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I’m just trying to figure out why my trans stops shifting randomly. I feel so stupid when I read this thread. I cant even figure out the simple stuff. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar