Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it for the maiden voyage this morning...I need a few more clamps for the charge pipe tho...builds like 5psi and blows out the coupler lol

Ordered some more 1-3/4 90s for the wastegate dumps...summit stainless pipe is garbage. Wouldn't fit into any of the fittings, flex sections, vband ends.

And I think I've got an exhaust leak on bank 1...fuel trim about 10-15% higher than the other

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found exhaust leak, the vband to the header wasnt even tight lol. theyre the quick release clamps so it was just on there as tight as i had the qr set

stop at two places and couldnt find any ~4" clamps (was just going to grab some worm gear) but none of those either so i ordered a couple tbolt ones

i put a couple gallons of 93 in it cause it was about out of gas, e85 is about 20mile trip and wanted to do a couple more small runs before i made that round trip

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tried clamping the charge pipe...some fuggin cv axle clamps, tyraps, anything else i could find - i was kind of worried it was just sluggish as hell but it was just separating the coupler.
the only halfassed pull i made the wastegates screamed when they opened up :eek: then promptly blew the charge pipe apart
log showed pull starting about 2500rpm>by 3000rpm was just beginning to make boost> by 4000 about 7lbs> and by 5000 over 12psi, i think thats how about what ive got for springs in the wastegates but didnt see it table off before charge pipe blew off. tps about 60% so not really floored - and with an air filter over the turbo, stack almost always helps spooling up a little faster

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess we're just gonna have to imagine all those lovely sounds. :( Really looking forward to seeing those fire-breathing nostrils on the hood in action!

Now I'm trying to think up befitting custom plates:

WYTDRGN (White Dragon or Draggin')

BRTHFYR (Breathe Fire)

BRKDNLI (Broken Denali)

WSTDYKN (Wasted Yukon)

IBROKIT (I Broke It)

ITSJUNK (It's Junk)

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess we're just gonna have to imagine all those lovely sounds. :( Really looking forward to seeing those fire-breathing nostrils on the hood in action!

Now I'm trying to think up befitting custom plates:

WYTDRGN (White Dragon or Draggin')

BRTHFYR (Breathe Fire)

BRKDNLI (Broken Denali)

WSTDYKN (Wasted Yukon)

IBROKIT (I Broke It)

ITSJUNK (It's Junk)

it will never live up to your imagination

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sooo it runs pretty good. a little on the lean side from where the tune was with old turbo. wants about 10% more fuel in boost if thats any indication :rofl:

narrowband o2s.... is something to do with the injectors - at 43psi, bank 1 starts going lean at any speed/load/rpm like 7-8% off from bank 2. i noticed when i turned on the big pump (and pressure goes up to ~60psi) the narrow bands match within a .5% so i just drove around with it on for a good bit this afternoon.

got the clamps on the charge pipe and am able to make some pulls. i think i put 12lb worth in springs in the wastegates...log shows about 15psi so not too far off. a little more than i wanted for "minimum" boost . injectors will be high 70% duty cycle when i get the afr closer to where i want

IATs are staying good, just touched on 100* on the couple pulls i did this afternoon. only had the pump on about 60% so could prob keep it down a little better but 100 is nothing and temp drops right back down afterwards with so much coolant in reserve

and i really shouldve waited till i had the hood pipes up another inch or two...cause i already started blowing the paint off the hood :emotions122:. I sort of wish they werent thru the hood cause it would be a ridiculous sleeper, but holy ef when they open up its loud, and youre looking thru it distorting the air like a jet engine as it blows out

engine coolant temps have been good, they do wander from like 180 up to as high as 210. if i just cruise it for a little bit, turn off the ac, temp comes down within a few mins tho

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts