Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had to draw the line somewhere....got priced for a journal bearing gt55 - but looking for a lightly used one i pretty much just skipped over them *pinkys up*
to keep this under budget :boxed: this is a gen 1 gtx, billet wheel, ball bearing.... there are gen 2s out that will support another couple hundred hp but are also another $1500, just couldnt do it....
So is it new or used? Either way boy oh boy. Sweeet. :worthy:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It new, just not the latest.
Don't tell anyone

I have a bad habit of : o if I'm going to spend that what's another couple hunnit.

But I'm done, no more turbos. Maybe a new exhaust housing down the road cause they didn't have the 1.40a/r in stock. Could order take a few weeks so I just said to send with the 1.24ar. Faster spool, the 1.40 would just make more power way up high

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your secret is safe with me. Nobody but you and I know.:gathering:

heads scheduled delivery saturday also :chewie: so i can finally close engine back up, i'll see how it goes prob wont get back on exhaust till next week. have a few changes to make to fuel plumbing and stuff and id rather get the intake back on and stuff

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had to draw the line somewhere....got priced for a journal bearing gt55 - but looking for a lightly used one i pretty much just skipped over them *pinkys up*
to keep this under budget :boxed: this is a gen 1 gtx, billet wheel, ball bearing.... there are gen 2s out that will support another couple hundred hp but are also another $1500, just couldnt do it....
Sounds good man..! So you’re good with this one.. at least for now.... got it. Lol

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you making some progress! I think we all have that point to where enough is enough. You've far surpassed my threshold but we all have one. Nothing wrong with that!

I'm sure she'll be beast when you get it back together. Hoping for the best possible outcome and it being where you want it, so you can just enjoy it for a while.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waiting on heads.... show on the truck for delivery
cleaned all the arp hardware, put the studs back in the block, layed the head gaskets down - which is interesting...these have the stainless hoops, i assumed they were bonded to the rest of the headgasket in some way but nope they pretty much just lay into the opening in the gasket. very small interference to "hold" them, with the rest of the gasket on the block they sorta warp and lift in some spots. going to be a little nerve racking setting the head down on them hoping they stay where theyre sposed to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts