Radiator Fan Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on reply from TYC. Fan box and sticker on shroud
all say 622210 .... so I just want them to find out if they are just
"replacing" the 7/9 blade with this, or picture or description is wrong, or
what's the deal ????
I'll update when I get some info..
I def want the correct 7/9 blade fan assembly that my Yukon was supposed to
be equipped with from GMC

OP
OP
F

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my local Orielly order in a Murray Fan assembly.. the description is
"for a 7/9" blade application... Opened it up and sure as hell, it's a 7/7 blade config.
I'll have to call Murray to see what wattage the motors are. Hopefully I'll have time friday

OP
OP
F

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So TYC finally got back to me on the fan I ordered from amazon.. They said it 'should be" a 7/9 blade..well no shIt
At first they wanted to send me a ship label to send it to them so they could inspect it. I responded with OK.
Then they responded: just send it back to where you purchased it
The label on the box and fan shroud match with serial/ date/ etc
So I guess I'll ship it back (if I still can) and reorder another one and see what happens
I'm NOT impressed with TYC at all. This has been a PITA...

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
So TYC finally got back to me on the fan I ordered from amazon.. They said it 'should be" a 7/9 blade..well no shIt
At first they wanted to send me a ship label to send it to them so they could inspect it. I responded with OK.
Then they responded: just send it back to where you purchased it
The label on the box and fan shroud match with serial/ date/ etc
So I guess I'll ship it back (if I still can) and reorder another one and see what happens
I'm NOT impressed with TYC at all. This has been a PITA...

your situation is a pita but i think you are doing the right thing. i have $287 wrapped up in my 5/7 fan assy. thought id upgrade to the 700 watt motors but it didnt work for me so i ordered the 500 watt motors and that is where the money went. Ill have new motors but im mounting 12 year old "plastic" fan blades to them and i have R&R them twice. at least your assy will be "brand new" and you wont have to worry about a fan blade coming apart?

Reaction score
interesting I went from the dual 5 blade to the 7/9 blade rimmed none of it was interchangeable other than the shroud mounted up the same way and the fan motor power harness was the same
Were your OEM fans Bosch?

Last summer I posted about my fans seemed super loud and blew a shit ton of air, but they are both 5 blade and I don't have the K5L code.

The other day when I was under the hood I looked closer at the fans and could see between where the fan hub met the shroud a bit of the side of the motor and there was a sticker with the BOSCH name/logo and a bunch of different numbers.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
F

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current fans are some sort of aftermarket 7/7 blade.. The front end
had damage apparently before I purchased it, so I had to "fix" alot of crap'
that was not put back together right.
They work fine, but I wanted the best and correct fans I can get

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last summer I posted about my fans seemed super loud and blew a shit ton of air, but they are both 5 blade and I don't have the K5L code.

The other day when I was under the hood I looked closer at the fans and could see between where the fan hub met the shroud a bit of the side of the motor and there was a sticker with the BOSCH name/logo and a bunch of different numbers.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
ya my original dual 5 blade shroud and fan blades are made by bosch don't know about the motors, could be bosch also, Bosch makes all kinds of oem stuff for a variety of manufactures

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Last summer I posted about my fans seemed super loud and blew a shit ton of air, but they are both 5 blade and I don't have the K5L code

The 2011 and up all have 5 blade rimless. But there is the K5L, 5 blade rimless, that had dual 700w motors. Then the non K5L, 5 blade rimless, had dual 500w motors. The shrouds for both look almost the same, but the K5L ones have this part number

20190707_130632.jpg

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
The 2011 and up all have 5 blade rimless. But there is the K5L, 5 blade rimless, that had dual 700w motors. Then the non K5L, 5 blade rimless, had dual 500w motors. The shrouds for both look almost the same, but the K5L ones have this part number

View attachment 246997

just curious if you know what alternator powered the dual 700w motors. our system's gradually step them up to high but my 08 yukon denali with the DR-44 165 amp did not like the 700 duals at idle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk