Question about the Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I'm experiencing the same issue on my 22 Yukon Denali, just picked it up a week ago and noticed the headlights stay on. The DRL turn on when it's dusk out, but in bright light i have headlights on.

I spoke to the service rep and will be bringing mine in, I really hope they do not press me on this and it's smooth sailing on fixing. In the event they do put up a fight, I'll be sharing what I've read in this thread.... Fingers crossed.
Suggestion...take a video of it doing it in bright light, and showing that the lights go off in the dusk.
Include a scan past the clock in the video.
Should be a no brainer...even show the lights on in bright light, and shield the sensor so it darkens and turns the lights off...practice a bit at home, then you can demo it for the service advisor...that should do it.

217_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting to see so many issues on this. I ordered my Yukon Denali (Premium Package) in early January, took deliver in mid-March, and the headlights functions just as you would expect. Upon startup in the dark garage, the headlights come on, but as soon as the vehicle is in direct sunlight the DRL come on.

DxOCD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
22 Yukon slt built in March also having issues with headlights on in bright sun. And speed limit sign.

Anyone else having issues with mirrors not folding sometimes ? My remote will not fold them either.

DxOCD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
$12 light sensor on dash bad, replaced and lights now work correctly

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my sensor replaced yesterday. The lights work correctly now.

They also installed a 2" gouge on my leather dash panel while they were at it.... they say they have a "guy" that can "fix" it....

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chiming in,

Like others on this thread my headlights were acting the same way. I bought this sensor for my '22 Z71, swapped it out in 10 seconds and now the headlights work as intended. Part# 1354621 $20 w/ shipping, cheaper to try this for me than to drive to the dealership.
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-sensor-13545621
Hi there do you mind explaining to me how you do it? The dealerships are telling me there’s nothing wrong with these…

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there do you mind explaining to me how you do it? The dealerships are telling me there’s nothing wrong with these…
Well, that is utterly ridiculous. If you go there on a bright sunshine filled day, and the headlights are on automatically, there is clearly an issue. If you place some opaque material over the sensor and the lights go off, it further demonstrates an issue. I suggest doing a little "demo" for them .

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that is utterly ridiculous. If you go there on a bright sunshine filled day, and the headlights are on automatically, there is clearly an issue. If you place some opaque material over the sensor and the lights go off, it further demonstrates an issue. I suggest doing a little "demo" for them .
I wish I could make this up man, I had them say “oh its in the BCM it’s supposed to do that” I’m taking it to another one before I finally get back from the border and just do my own mechanical work on it. I just don’t have tools on me and am busy with work to mess with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
korzone