Question about the Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Yukon back and the replacement ambient light sensor did the trick, all fixed and works as it should.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They didn't, I told my service advisor that multiple folks on this forum were having the problem with the ambient light sensor, gave him the part number from a previous post here, they ordered it and when it came in I scheduled the appt for replacement. I have a very good relationship with my dealer and service advisor, been using them for years, so not everybody will be able to do this as they will want to "diagnose" your problem first.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They didn't, I told my service advisor that multiple folks on this forum were having the problem with the ambient light sensor, gave him the part number from a previous post here, they ordered it and when it came in I scheduled the appt for replacement. I have a very good relationship with my dealer and service advisor, been using them for years, so not everybody will be able to do this as they will want to "diagnose" your problem first.
It's funny how little they actually seem to know at the dealer service departments. When our '21 was flooding the driver side floorboard due to a faulty sunroof drain tube the service guy said he'd never heard of such a problem. I then forwarded him a thread from this forum with the TSB about the exact issue and he used that to repair the issue.

That's actually how I discovered this forum (wife found the TSB during her research of the problem) even though I love cars and have owned a suburban or chevy truck for the last 15 years. Now I post here way more than on vwvortex where I've been a member since the mid 2000's

Yarosuav

Reaction score
I had the same issue (headlights coming on in my Denali in bright sunlight). Dealer found an error code, replaced the light sensor and now everything is working as it should. DRLs during day time, headlamps come on when it gets darker. I attached the service report here in case helpful.

Attachments

• B9CE0187-56DD-4386-94CA-75CCE5D29E6D.jpeg
    B9CE0187-56DD-4386-94CA-75CCE5D29E6D.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 60

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the dealer. Took them a full day (they kept it overnight) to "troubleshoot". I had to convince the service advisor the lights werent working right despite the fact they found the sensor error code within 5 minutes of me arriving. They said they couldn't replicate the problem, then when I had them pull it into the sun and showed them the lights were on they tried to convince me the lights were supposed to come on in the bright sun to improve visibility (Despite the error code).

Finally was able to escalate to the service manager and he took one look and said "that's not right, order a new sensor".

And now I wait.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
I only waited a few days for the new sensor to arrive.

But it’s interesting that there are so may of us with exact same issue - maybe it was a batch of faulty sensors, since our production dates are all pretty close.

Jcunny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, I'm experiencing the same issue on my 22 Yukon Denali, just picked it up a week ago and noticed the headlights stay on. The DRL turn on when it's dusk out, but in bright light i have headlights on.

I spoke to the service rep and will be bringing mine in, I really hope they do not press me on this and it's smooth sailing on fixing. In the event they do put up a fight, I'll be sharing what I've read in this thread.... Fingers crossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03yukonxldenali