Purchased a deslugger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
@Doubeleive Going to run it until it breaks and then I’ll fix it. Would like to dig into why the rear AC isn’t working eventually
Wassup with your rear ac?
I had to change the controls on the back of the console to get mine working then a couple recalibrations when it would strangely start blowing hot air instead of cold air. My rig messes the actuators up anytime the battery dies or is unhooked for whatever reason

Last edited:
Reaction score
I installed one for a while but didn't like the way it cycled the compressor. Hasn't been a problem in the summer, but I still have it so I can always connect it back up if I have trouble in the winter.
Same here. I installed one 5 years ago and removed it a year later. It's sitting on a shelf in the garage in case I decide to put it back on someday.

I'm wasn't experiencing any problems with the compressor, I just bought the deslugger thinking it would help prevent problems, but I could tell every time the ac would cycle on it (HVAC set to auto) would take a bit to actually blow cold. Kind of hard to explain, but I could notice it and didn't like it.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Trey Hardy The rear air will blow hot when set to hot but when you set it to cold it only blows ambient temperature air.

I think refrigerant isn’t flowing to the rear because the AC lines under the rear or the Tahoe never get cold

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Yea that’s likely mine get freezing and is always dripping condensation from the lines and rear passenger side
Try running by a auto shop that’s not scam artist and get them to hook the ac machine on it and suck/refill the Freon and check for any leaks from the o rings on the ac lines

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll get a video this morning of what’s happening.

Now that I think about it this problem first came up after I did the AFM delete. I suspected that the harmonic balancer wasn’t lining up with the AC clutch 100% but not sure if that would cause this.

The deslugger comes today so by the end of the week I’ll know if this resolves my complaint.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the video from this morning, the sound wasn’t as loud as normally is

Last edited:

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When this happens, does it shake the whole truck like it is in gear? I keep getting this random cold start she-bang like there is a band still engaged in the transmission for some reason. @NickTransmissions
You'd have to describe what you mean by 'she-bang' in a bit more detail (Please start a new thread if you'd like me to dig into it w/you further and I'll respond there) but it's unlikely to be your 2-4 band, assuming you have a 4L60E.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iamdub I think to fix it the refrigerant would need to be sucked out and have that orifice tube filter thing might be gummed up if YouTube has any say in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove