Pulling after 3 alignments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This was a non-laser alignment so no print out.
But you said the first 2 alignments were laser and you should have a before and after printout of the readings. Unless there is a mechanical issue, like has been suggested, sounds like not enough caster lead on the right/passenger side.

OP
OP
AN292

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But you said the first 2 alignments were laser and you should have a before and after printout of the readings. Unless there is a mechanical issue, like has been suggested, sounds like not enough caster lead on the right/passenger side.

Yeah like 2 years ago. I'm not keeping those printouts that long

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every piece of paper generated for parts and alignment on my 05 Z71

^^ This. I'm getting ready to sell a car and have a scanned copy of every receipt. New owner will get a zip file with all of them in it, if wanted. Makes for an easier sale, I think, as well as allows me to look back and see details of repairs, oil changes, etc.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@SnowDrifter has already posted and I'm surprised he didn't throw this out there: is your centerlink/draglink installed correctly? When mine wasn't for nearly 5 years, it wouldn't hold an alignment at all, pulled badly, and chewed through front tires in no time. Worth a look.

Sparkee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would inspect your brakes, if you have a stuck caliper on the right side, it will be dragging the brakes all the time and pull to the right. Look at the pad thickness and compare left side to right side, sticking brakes on the right side will wear the pads down faster than the left. It could be the primary brakes or parking brake, good luck!

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How bad is this pulling? Severe or mild/minimal?

Mine is pulling left one day, pulling right the next, more left than right, it seems. But I've been told I need some ball joints and wheel bearing, I just haven't been able to bring myself to drop 1-2k on repair or complete rebuild. :(

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok addressing all these suggestions. It was pulling even before my new tires. I’ve had these on for a year and it hasn’t changed anything.

I have the upgraded 2020 brake kit, the truck was also pulling before this modification.

The torsion key bolts are uneven, however I have measured the truck at the tires and they are all the same exact length from the bottom of the fender to the ground.

The truck was pulling from the first second I owned it. The car fax does have it in an accident although I don’t know the details on it. It seemed fairly small since only the front bumper was slightly dented, but I suppose that doesn’t mean it didn’t damage anything important.

As for the frame damage, I have been down there working on several suspension parts and I have not seen anything bent or out of the ordinary. I also have not taken much of a look at the rear suspension. I did the shocks and new brakes and called it a day back there.

Thanks for the help
when measuring ride hight you need to measure from the fender to the center of the wheel to not the ground

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645