Pulling after 3 alignments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 3 alignments in 2 years. Tie rods, new tires, and upper control arms.

2 laser and 1 manual. Each time the truck pulls to the right the exact same way it did before the alignment. Theres gotta be something there thats causing this. Im out of ideas, any clue? Thanks

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have had 3 alignments in 2 years. Tie rods, new tires, and upper control arms.

2 laser and 1 manual. Each time the truck pulls to the right the exact same way it did before the alignment. Theres gotta be something there thats causing this. Im out of ideas, any clue? Thanks
How about tire rotations? Have you tried swapping the fronts side to side. When the wheels are in the air does each side turn with the same resistance? Does it pull in certain situations or on certain roads or all the time?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In addition to @George B's suggestions, perhaps a brake caliper hanging up lightly, even while not applying the brakes. Check hub temps and compare. Tight wheel bearing?

Any visible frame damage from an old accident? Is the rear diff square with the frame?

OP
OP
AN292

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok addressing all these suggestions. It was pulling even before my new tires. I’ve had these on for a year and it hasn’t changed anything.

I have the upgraded 2020 brake kit, the truck was also pulling before this modification.

The torsion key bolts are uneven, however I have measured the truck at the tires and they are all the same exact length from the bottom of the fender to the ground.

The truck was pulling from the first second I owned it. The car fax does have it in an accident although I don’t know the details on it. It seemed fairly small since only the front bumper was slightly dented, but I suppose that doesn’t mean it didn’t damage anything important.

As for the frame damage, I have been down there working on several suspension parts and I have not seen anything bent or out of the ordinary. I also have not taken much of a look at the rear suspension. I did the shocks and new brakes and called it a day back there.

Thanks for the help

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok, so what are your current alignment specs? Caster, Camber and Toe? What is the crown of the road like where you drive?

OP
OP
AN292

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so what are your current alignment specs? Caster, Camber and Toe? What is the crown of the road like where you drive?
The shop i went to today did it without the hawkeye machine, they used the wheel clamps with levels and whatnot. So I didn't get a printout. Either way, the way they aligned it felt the exact same way as the last 2, which used the laser system. There has to be something else going on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9