Programming garage door opener to 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the 2015 Tahoe forum by mistake!

I have tried many ways to program my garage door to my 07 Tahoe. I am able to program my wife's Nissan but nothing works for my Tahoe. Anybody done this?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I successfully programmed my 07 Yukon XL Denali to work with my Sears garage door opener, just by following the instructions in my Yukon owners manual under the Universal Home Remote System section, and the Sears garage door opener manual. It took less than 10 minutes.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the 2015 Tahoe forum by mistake!

I have tried many ways to program my garage door to my 07 Tahoe. I am able to program my wife's Nissan but nothing works for my Tahoe. Anybody done this?

How old is your garage door opener?

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I successfully programmed my 07 Yukon XL Denali to work with my Sears garage door opener, just by following the instructions in my Yukon owners manual under the Universal Home Remote System section, and the Sears garage door opener manual. It took less than 10 minutes.

Yeah I tried using the Tahoe manual and the instructions online and cant get it to work. Im wondering if its the unit in the truck. The garage unit is about 5-6 years old.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a former overhead door tech and then automated gate tech, I've programmed the built-in remotes in countless cars. I recall not being able to get a customer's Escalade to program to a new driveway gate and I was really ashamed of it. It was when GM first got away from the third party Homelink system and implemented their own.

Anyway, years later, I had my own GM vehicle with their proprietary system and I learned that all I had to do in addition to following the steps exactly, was to press and hold the button I'm trying to program on and off in about one-second cycles until the light flashed or door operated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick