Can't seem to program my garage door opener to Homelink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP keeps saying he cant get to lift motor inside garage??

That's correct. The garage isn't on my property, I've got a car parked in the bay under it, and the car is currently snowed in.

I'll get to it eventually, but can't now.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So…. If you have the hand held remote, why can’t you open the door with it? Or are you trying to gain access to someone else’s garage door with an opener not attached to that door? I read this is not on your property, (which is another conversation).

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So…. If you have the hand held remote, why can’t you open the door with it? Or are you trying to gain access to someone else’s garage door with an opener not attached to that door? I read this is not on your property, (which is another conversation).

Oh man... I CAN open the garage door with the remote. I can NOT PROGRAM HOMELINK VIA THE REMOTE so that I can use a Homelink button to open the door.

You said that you could program Homelink just fine on your truck via your remote. That's great. I can't -- hence this whole thread.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man... I CAN open the garage door with the remote. I can NOT PROGRAM HOMELINK VIA THE REMOTE so that I can use a Homelink button to open the door.

You said that you could program Homelink just fine on your truck via your remote. That's great. I can't -- hence this whole thread.
Calm down. We are all trying to help. It seems like once the snow is clear and you can move the vehicle that is keeping you from accessing the opener, you should be able to access the learn button. Or try your friendly neighborhood GM dealer for assistance.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Calm down. We are all trying to help. It seems like once the snow is clear and you can move the vehicle that is keeping you from accessing the opener, you should be able to access the learn button.

Now you've got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts