Can't seem to program my garage door opener to Homelink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if there is a learn button on the door opener, there is no way to program the truck w/ out hitting that button. Most openers these days have a “rolling code” technology. First you teach the truck what frequency to use to comm w/ the opener…but then you have to tell the opener to learn the current code that your truck is sending out.

What model garage door opener do you have?
I have a learn button on my opener and homelink absolutely lets you program with only using the remote.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a learn button on my opener and homelink absolutely lets you program with only using the remote.
...On your '20 model, or a '21 or later model? Because I can't get it to program on my '23 with just using the remote.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
...On your '20 model, or a '21 or later model? Because I can't get it to program on my '23 with just using the remote.
20 and later looks to be the same. Just watched a YouTube video on my iPad and it’s exactly the same steps.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right -- and I've said already that I've watched similar videos and have followed the manual's directions for using the remote, and it won't work for me.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Genie belt drive has a program button located on the outside of the opener. Some need the light cover flipped down to access the program button. I remember when I setup HomeLink on my Honda Pilot, I had trouble with it until I figured out the program button. Genie has a YT video that shows the process of using the program button @ 4min mark.

No Homelink on my SLE, so the opener is just clipped to the sunvisor. :p

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP keeps saying he cant get to lift motor inside garage??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar