Programmers - NOT CUSTOM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yea no doubt, i get on craigslist every single day, so it couldnt have been up long, said he sold it hours earlier

DenaliGrill.com

Denali Grill
Reaction score
Rick also plugs into the OBDII port and runs the vehicle in real world driving.

In my opinion, get a pro tune and let the cars computer adjust to the changing conditions. It can do it on its own much better than an in cockpit tuning box.
Unless you have years of tuning experience and HP Tuners software, you are wasting your time and endangering your vehicle.

OP
OP
T

TMoNeE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah im not talking about F&F, im talking about being able to switch from say an economic setting to a tow setting to a performance setting depending on what im doing. Im not interested in it being just fast or whatever, I use mine for all kinds of stuff.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HPTuners or EFILive are good for folks that want to dig deep and figure out how to tune on their own. It is not for the faint of heart and takes time and patience, but it is possible! We use EFILive for our tuning services, they will be coming out with the AutoCal here pretty soon. Should be a slick little hand held for customers, we are currently testing the Beta versions.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the Hypertech III Programmer VS. DiabloSport Predator ?

It seems that they both offer tuning capabilities? Which would be better for the money? Both run about $349-$369.

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i actually had a custom dyno tune uploaded onto my diablo predator.

but handheld alone diablo predator was the best you could get for the 5.3 back in 2007, not sure if it's still the best now.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i actually had a custom dyno tune uploaded onto my diablo predator.

but handheld alone diablo predator was the best you could get for the 5.3 back in 2007, not sure if it's still the best now.

What did you have to do to get a custom tune done? Did it make a difference over the standard diablo tune?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia