Production Delays on New Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boodrizzle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine was being "shipped" last week. All the way from Arlington, Tx to a dealership in Grapevine, Tx. A whopping 20 miles. Hopefully it gets delivered to me early next week. Since all of our leases are through Donlen, I suppose it takes a little longer.??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you,have a friend in the plant is a plus,but hope you have a all updates already otherwise ?????
[emoji19]

Sorry. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Mine was being "shipped" last week. All the way from Arlington, Tx to a dealership in Grapevine, Tx. A whopping 20 miles. Hopefully it gets delivered to me early next week. Since all of our leases are through Donlen, I suppose it takes a little longer.??

I'm with you. Mine is going 5 miles, from Arlington to Arlington.

OP
OP
A

AReeves08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got my weekly update and I'm still at 1100. I'm going to get my deposit back and head to Laura. They've had one on the lot that fits what I need for about a month and a half. Fingers crossed it's there for another week!

boodrizzle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine was literally delivered 5 mins ago. Finally!!! It took 11 weeks to the day!

RD2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I placed an order for a 2015 Denali on 4/7/15. It looks like my vehicle has two production delays: one for simply being a Denali and the other for the Q7M wheels. I don't mind waiting for the vehicle to be built, but it's no fun when there are unexpected delays. I'm kicking myself for not driving to Laura and buying off the lot...

Anyone else in the same boat? The current delays are below:

-5SA Denali may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions- Yukon
-Q7M 22'' Aluminum Wheel may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-RX1/RXN 22'' LPO Wheels may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-SLT Package (4SA) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-LTZ Package may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Tahoe
-PCK Luxury Package may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Tahoe

Is this information from the weekly email update? I just subscribed to that service and have yet to see an email so I'm curious to find out what they actually divulge.

I made a deal around 4/15 for a Denali and during the chat I had on the web with GM they told me it had an order accepted status of 5/5. I'm starting to think the dealer never put the order in until I called wondering what my order was, and they couldn't provide it very timely.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this information from the weekly email update? I just subscribed to that service and have yet to see an email so I'm curious to find out what they actually divulge.

I made a deal around 4/15 for a Denali and during the chat I had on the web with GM they told me it had an order accepted status of 5/5. I'm starting to think the dealer never put the order in until I called wondering what my order was, and they couldn't provide it very timely.

That dealer almost surely did not order your car when you said. I my dealer had an order number right when they ordered it. My order then took about 2 days to be accepted by GM. It was ordered on a Thursday and accepted the next Monday.

RD2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback; I kinda figured this was the case and they waited until the beginning of May to order (or they just screwed it up). Not fully clear on the allocation thing and if it a month to month refresh.

Can anyone tell me how much info comes with these courtesy emails from GM weekly for build updates?

OP
OP
A

AReeves08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got everything finalized and I'll be picking up my Yukon Denali from Laura on Saturday! Only a couple days and 500 miles between me and the new wheels.

I just noticed that GM jacked the price on the Q7M wheels up to $1495. They were a bargain, not so much now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10