Production Delays on New Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So because a few people have had their transmissions replaced, your stance is that over 600 transmissions a day are having to be replaced? I don't buy it. I'm not arguing that there have been zero replaced, but I find your statement outrageous and unbelievable.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you, and you're not trying to use the word, "most."
I guest you right, my bad.
[emoji106]

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I forgot only apply for Denali 8 speed transmission, the rest is safe.
[emoji19]

Last edited:

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have an actual source for this, making it up, or did you read it on the internet so it must be true?

Seriously, people, substantiate your claims.

General Motors LLC. Specifically, GMC division. Information distributed to dealers who asked.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is just 5 guys in the forum and a lot in my dealer. Is just base on that.
[emoji19]

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

George,c I just stopped by my dealer, and they placed an order for a new tranny. They seemed to know exactly what was going on..
Thanks Satish, I'm glad I checked in this month....
This is the last guy and we never going to know how many more.

Last edited:

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have an actual source for this, making it up, or did you read it on the internet so it must be true?

Seriously, people, substantiate your claims.

BTW Techbrute ... adjust your attitude or p**s off.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW Techbrute ... adjust your attitude or p**s off.

I'll get right on that. Oh, wait...

I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt over me questioning peoples' statements. If you want go about life a certain way,it's cool, don't let some guy on the internet bother you.

TahoeNewbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am debating jumping into your same situation by ordering a 2015 Tahoe LT. As of today dealer says I can still order the 2015 and it will take 8-9 weeks. I'm debating whether it's worth it to just wait on the 2016s... I can't find color combo I want anywhere in LT. I have found a few in LTZ but purposely want an LT based on the issues I have read about with magnetic ride control on the LTZs.

I did find this article today about the 2016 changes. None really seems that significant to me except the color as I am wanting to order White Diamond and I don't know what the Iridescent Pearl looks like in person, but I am guessing it's similar.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/04...new-colors-technology-and-other-conveniences/

Also I found this fleet site - if you look under 2016 Tahoe production dates it says "16MY order entry is suspended until further notice" which I find somewhat concerning if it is true? Problems with the 2016s design/production?

http://www.arifleet.com/publications/lead_times_delays/

I just don't want to order a 2015 and then be in the situation of taking delivery of the vehicle in July/August (banking on some delays) while the 2016s are rolling into the dealership.

I placed an order for a 2015 Denali on 4/7/15. It looks like my vehicle has two production delays: one for simply being a Denali and the other for the Q7M wheels. I don't mind waiting for the vehicle to be built, but it's no fun when there are unexpected delays. I'm kicking myself for not driving to Laura and buying off the lot...

Anyone else in the same boat? The current delays are below:

-5SA Denali may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions- Yukon
-Q7M 22'' Aluminum Wheel may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-RX1/RXN 22'' LPO Wheels may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-SLT Package (4SA) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Yukon
-LTZ Package may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Tahoe
-PCK Luxury Package may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more due to supplier restrictions - Tahoe

OP
OP
A

AReeves08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got my weekly update today, and still no sign of if or when my order may be built. I'm starting to wonder if it may never happen. I'm giving it a few more weeks, and then I'll have to get my deposit back and hunt one down.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM placed a hold on all trucks with a transfer case. That's all the info I have. I have a completed truck sitting on the shipper lot, and my friend that works at the plant told me that this morning.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM placed a hold on all trucks with a transfer case. That's all the info I have. I have a completed truck sitting on the shipper lot, and my friend that works at the plant told me that this morning.
Good for you,have a friend in the plant is a plus,but hope you have a all updates already otherwise ?????
[emoji19]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts