New Order Turn Around Times?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apex944

Reaction score
What's the general lead time on the 2024 Denalis with 6.2L, air suspension, max towing package right now?
Not looking for much more as far as options go. Are we looking at 6-8 weeks? Longer?
Going to talk to dealers next week but wanted some thoughts from this group first.

- Bill

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a diesel Yukon XL SLT with the premium/luxury package and max tow in mid February. Was told to brace for 3months +. Did the GMC chat thing with order number the weekend of March 8th and was told I had an assigned build date of week of March 11th. Just heard from my dealer this past week that ETA for delivery is week of April 15th. So, 2 months if all goes well.

Obviously not sure if any of the Denali items are constrained or not.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the general lead time on the 2024 Denalis with 6.2L, air suspension, max towing package right now?
Not looking for much more as far as options go. Are we looking at 6-8 weeks? Longer?
Going to talk to dealers next week but wanted some thoughts from this group first.

- Bill

It should not take that long these days.

gatorintx

Reaction score
It should not take that long these days.
I ordered mine end of October and it took 4 months for delivery. But that was immediately after the GM strike ended so they were still getting up and running, and then they shut down the plant for Christmas too.

OP
OP
apex944

apex944

Reaction score
Went to the dealer today and was told it is taking 6-8 mos for any custom configured builds. Going to call around some other dealers.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the dealer today and was told it is taking 6-8 mos for any custom configured builds. Going to call around some other dealers.
The dealer plays a large part in the order to delivery timing. Dealers are hamstrung by the allocation system and some just don't get very many allocations - especially smaller volume dealers. One dealer might tell you 6-8 months and another might have exactly what you want on a truck being delivered in the next week and if not can get your order built in less than 8 weeks.

Use the inventory search tool on GMC.com and set a radius - I did that to find what I wanted and ended up taking a one-way flight to get mine.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In light of the comments above… yes allocation is important. I should add that my dealer sales manager emailed me on a Thursday morning he just got allocation (after they lost out on a dealer trade they tried to do for me earlier that week) and they said I had until end of day Friday (ie the next day) to submit the order. My truck build week was 4 weeks later, and the latest update is 5 weeks from build week to final delivery. I would only order from a dealer that does have allocation so I would call around.

OP
OP
apex944

apex944

Reaction score
>> Use the inventory search tool on GMC.com and set a radius - I did that to find what I wanted and ended up taking a one-way flight to get mine.

This is exactly what I am doing now. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar