Problems with 02 escalade gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, I've had the escalade gauges in my Tahoe for 8 years now. Last summer the speedo needle started catching so I know the stepper motor is defective. Also years ago I installed blue LED's and a few months ago 2 of them went out. I ordered all new LEDs and bulb holders from eBay. I swapped them out and now nothing lights up except for the factory lights; e-brake, battery, etc. the gauges still function, just can't see the gauges at night. I put the old lights back in and nothing lights up either. Didn't smell anything burning.

I'm trying to see if anyone has encountered this before or if there I a company that can repair the gauges. I seen a site for 03-06 repair, but not 02.

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you sure you just didnt put the led bulbs in backwards? i mean it would be unusual for all of them to be backwards but its worth a shot to flip em around

do your hvac controls light up as well?

OP
OP
M

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried old lights, new lights in both directions just to make sure so that isn't it. Everything else works.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When that happened to me I found that the light switch went bad. Nothing would light up. Gauges, ac controls and the garage door opener lights wouldn't turn on. It's I think $25-30 online. Good luck and hopefully that's the problem that you have.

fulcherw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Justin,

I am having the same problem, no lights on interior gauges or stereo and the bell no longer goes off to tell me my headlights are on after I turn off ignition.

Did you replace the headlight switch and did that work?

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For mine when I would manually turn the lights on, the miles and little screen on the center console would dim. Changed the switch and everything works. You can find it on rockauto I think.