Problem with subs delievery!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HEY everybody hows ya'll doin

cut to the chase ya'll kno im shooting to run 3 10" subs in my hoe in a custom box. now the problem is i have 1 sub thats 10" 2ohms dual voice coils. NOW sonix electronics which i been getting my equipment from emails me and states that they no longer have in stocc the 2ohm dual voice sub (that i Brought again from ebay) they tell me orion discontinued that model for the new version which is $312 more, (which i'm not paying) now they are willing to send the 4ohm dual voice coil instead what i want to kno is what problems will i run into wiring up these subs- currently the amp i'm using i wanted to wire up at 2ohms making RMS 1600watts would the 4ohm subs take that? or do i wire the amp @4 ohms 1000watts RMS and would the 2ohm sub handle that. kind of confused here.:Plugged: help time is important!!!

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
im not a sub expert at all. But I know that you can wire a 4 ohm one to be 2ohm.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Alright I got this.
Wire the new 4 ohm Orion is parrallel with the dual voice coils.
Basically said, run a short wire from the positives on each coil to each other, then do the same for the negatives. Then wire an extra sub positive terminal wire to the positive amp terminal, and the negative one the same way and you have a 2ohm load total.
Do you get me?

OP
OP
Nfamous60

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man you confused the shit out me lol, you want me to wire the 4ohm orion in parallel with the 2ohm? thats cool but i was gonna have it installed for me i just really NEED to kno that with the 2ohm orion i have and the two 4ohm orions on the way can i wire all of them to 2ohms becuz the power lvl from the amp im tryin to get is 2ohm's at 1600watts RMS

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a 2ohm dvc sub and 4ohm dvc subs, the dual 2 ohm sub won't have the same output as the other two subs. If you parallel the coils on the 2ohm DVC sub, the impedance will be 1ohm, then it will put out more then the other subs. If you wire the coils in series, it will be at 4 ohms, which means the impedance be either lower or higher, depending on how you wire the coils in the 4ohm dvc subs.
Sub--------Coils in series------parallel:
2 ohm DVC---------4 ohm-------1 ohm
4 ohm DVC---------8 ohm-------2 ohm

OP
OP
Nfamous60

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a 2ohm dvc sub and 4ohm dvc subs, the dual 2 ohm sub won't have the same output as the other two subs. If you parallel the coils on the 2ohm DVC sub, the impedance will be 1ohm, then it will put out more then the other subs. If you wire the coils in series, it will be at 4 ohms, which means the impedance be either lower or higher, depending on how you wire the coils in the 4ohm dvc subs.
Sub--------Coils in series------parallel:
2 ohm DVC---------4 ohm-------1 ohm
4 ohm DVC---------8 ohm-------2 ohm

so either way you put it there is no way to have these subs perform the same?? what wiring would you suggest to get the best performance? i already told them to send out the 10.4's i'm thinkin bout running the 4ohm dvc in series and just buy a 2400watt amp and run the 10.2 off of that. unless there is a way to even everything out.

Miami What the **** you need a picture of? does that help you think.. at this point man go on another post n find pictures man right now im stressing i have to much money invested on this build and all i need right now is a direction sorry if im being rude but its direct...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnbri512

Latest posts