Problem with my new Volant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgeorgatos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let me know if the BB Tune takes care of the issue. I have removed the Volant CAI because I had to pass a county inspection and could not pass with the CEL.

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the volant on my 08 and have no issues at all with it.

ckl5899

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO what I got is before you install disconnect battery, both cables, install, reconnect? Will this or will this not stop the truck throwing a code? I am ready to buy/install a CAI.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the negative battery cable needs to be disconnected, If you have a problem with the Volant CAI give me a call 909 481 3888

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volant Guy -- I'd be interested in any info you'd be talking about over the phone regarding throwing codes on an '09. I now throw a code once a month (which I can clear on my EFI live, thankfully), and would rather I NOT be throwing the codes in the first place.

Thanks!

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kirk, if there is a permanent fix that isn't a secret, post it here. I've held off on a Volant because of this (and the recommendation from BB to use a K&N drop in) and I really don't want additional noise. The 6.2 with stock exhaust is throaty enough for me. I like the truck as quiet as possible but always could use more power. The BB tune isn't what I hoped for on the 6.2 and I don't think the 6 speed would appreciate a blower.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kirk, if there is a permanent fix that isn't a secret, post it here. I've held off on a Volant because of this (and the recommendation from BB to use a K&N drop in) and I really don't want additional noise. The 6.2 with stock exhaust is throaty enough for me. I like the truck as quiet as possible but always could use more power. The BB tune isn't what I hoped for on the 6.2 and I don't think the 6 speed would appreciate a blower.

Will do!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After talking to Daniel (aka "Volant1" above), it sounds as though my o-ring that came with my kit is most likely the culprit to my codes. Daniel is sending me out some new stuff that should solve the code issues.

If you are having problems with your '09+ and Volant, or if you're considering one but are concerned that you, too, might have code issues, just drop Daniel an email through the Volant site (or PM him from here). He called me at the number I PM'ed him and we went over my set up and concerns. Really nice guy, and will go out of his way to help you. It's obvious that he wants his customers to be happy -- and for his products to work well for his customers.

Daniel, fi you're reading this (and I know that you are), thanks again for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14