PPV minimum/maximum voltages?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a document (MC-10113591-9999) showing "voltage reduction calibrations (to account for extra electronics)" for PPVs.

What do you PPV/SSV owners notice for minimum and maximum voltages?

For my standard non-PPV tahoe, the minimum alternator duty cycle is set to 36%.. ~12.5 volts.
Maximum set to 90% which should be 15.5V. There are a handful of other settings, like boost max time 600 seconds, and minimum voltage required to trigger diagnostic boost set to 11.2V, while minimum voltage required for diagnostic system is 12.8V.

Could be they have sensitive electronics and don't want such high voltages. Or they have so much electric load that a higher minimum will help with voltage drops as things are turned on?

Additionally, the same document states:
“The [insert feature(s) which has/have been requested for disable/enable] system will be made fully operational prior to sale
of the vehicle(s) listed above.”
Which I take to mean they are supposed to revert the tunes back to stock before selling to the public.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a document (MC-10113591-9999) showing "voltage reduction calibrations (to account for extra electronics)" for PPVs.

For my standard non-PPV tahoe, the minimum alternator duty cycle is set to 36%.. ~12.5 volts.
Maximum set to 90% which should be 15.5V. There are a handful of other settings, like boost max time 600 seconds, and minimum voltage required to trigger diagnostic boost set to 11.2V, while minimum voltage required for diagnostic system is 12.8V.

Could be they have sensitive electronics and don't want such high voltages. Or they have so much electric load that a higher minimum will help with voltage drops as things are turned on?

“The [insert feature(s) which has/have been requested for disable/enable] system will be made fully operational prior to sale
Which I take to mean they are supposed to revert the tunes back to stock before selling to the public.
they can't really revert the tune, it would have to be flashed with a current calibration by a dealer or a person with a tool and I can tell you most of the time that never happens.
I take it you are having some kind of electrical issue?

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues!

Just that bit of info made me curious! (Procrastinating, need to change my fluids.. )
Figured there had to be a reason for them to implement a change.

Having seen a few posts about headlights dimming or flickering got me wondering also...

Attachments

• stockvolt.jpg
    stockvolt.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 4

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The last bit probably refers to features like rear locks or windows disabled or DLRs off etc. before delivery from the manufacturer.

I’ve noticed nothing unusual about the voltage. I have a matched pair of AGM batteries in mine.

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right. Reading it again, I think I misunderstood, it does not mention the resale of vehicles.
This threw me off "The agency/requestor should be reminded that any disabled features should be made fully operational PRIOR to sale of the vehicle."

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what threw me off, a different document (#PIT4328A) regarding DRL/auto lights..

"Requests for DRL/auto headlamp disconnects must be made by appropriate agencies. The vehicle in question must be owned by a law enforcement agency, military agency or security company. (City/State, Sheriff, FBI, CIA, DEA, Emergency Vehicles.Etc.) It is recommended the dealership obtain a letter on the agencies letterhead requesting the DRLS/auto headlamps be disabled. The letter should contain the specific vehicle identification number which will be disabled, and a statement which reads, "the DRL/auto headlamp system will be made fully operational prior to disposal/sale of the vehicle." the letter should be kept in the vehicle service file at the dealership."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan