Powerstep running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to pull them off as one was stuck in up, the other down. They are in Michigan and I am in Florida.

My mechannic could not get them working. I need someone to walk me through getting them working.. BTW search function seems broken.

Or i want factory replacements - my blind spot alert is malfunctioning since taking them off.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to pull them off as one was stuck in up, the other down. They are in Michigan and I am in Florida.

My mechannic could not get them working. I need someone to walk me through getting them working.. BTW search function seems broken.

Or i want factory replacements - my blind spot alert is malfunctioning since taking them off.
The passenger side one on our 2013 retracts about 50% of the time. Never got it stuck in the retracted position, just in the extended position. I tried some white lithium grease on all the hinge points and that seemed to help at first. About to take them off, or at least loosen the bolts a little and then re-install to see if something is just binding somewhere from possibly getting tweaked sometime before we owned it.

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a youtube.... will have to wait for me to get back to where they are.

I was hoping for some additional info from someone who has really worked on them.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The passenger side one on our 2013 retracts about 50% of the time. Never got it stuck in the retracted position, just in the extended position. I tried some white lithium grease on all the hinge points and that seemed to help at first. About to take them off, or at least loosen the bolts a little and then re-install to see if something is just binding somewhere from possibly getting tweaked sometime before we owned it.

Lithium grease is actually bad for the hinges. It captures debris and increases friction over time.

AMP recommends only using silicone spray lubricant on their hinges.

I had an issue with one of mine binding. I think I rushed the install, so I took my time and made sure I following the alignment procedure carefully and that the step was free to move along it's full range of motion. Been good since.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I would like to find a graphite based lube that dries slowly so it can ********* into the hinges before it dries. I think this plus my mud flaps will help keep them working.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I would like to find a graphite based lube that dries slowly so it can ********* into the hinges before it dries. I think this plus my mud flaps will help keep them working.

Slip plate...

SLIP Plate | Slippery When Dry | Dry Graphite Lubricant
https://www.slipplate.com/

Used to use this on my trailer when I hauled cars to lube all the moving parts. Better than grease because it won't collect dirt/sand and it doesn't get all over you if/when you brush up against it.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Slip plate...

SLIP Plate | Slippery When Dry | Dry Graphite Lubricant
https://www.slipplate.com/

Used to use this on my trailer when I hauled cars to lube all the moving parts. Better than grease because it won't collect dirt/sand and it doesn't get all over you if/when you brush up against it.

Like @Matt_ said.... they all recommend silicone spray.... i spray the balls out of mine every time I think about it.... stupid salt/rusty state I live in. I also spray it on a rag and wipe my door seals/rubber.
https://www.berrymanproducts.com/22-uses-silicone-spray/

Good stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe